Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Banned?? 2 weeks?? Red please??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

01-14-2013

I wanted to comment on this:

Quote:
For instances, I mimicked how my teammates played, they refuse teamwork and don't get banned, but why when I do, do I?

The intention is what matters here. You did it to spite your team after you felt they treated you wrongly. That is why it is punishable for you.

Quote:
I'm sorry guys but even though you won't admit it, the tribunal system IS flawed and you can stand up for it all you want but there is really nothing good about it

Yes, the system is flawed in some points.

However, the irony in your statement is that you expect others to acknowledge the flaws of the Tribunal, while you refuse to acknowledge the strong points of the Tribunal yourself.
This is a trend I commonly see in your posts. You hold others to different standards than you hold yourself when it comes to arguments.

BDR

01-14-2013

Ban deserved. Change name to A ban in banxico.

LittleDi

01-14-2013

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
I should mention, I do like the fact that a red has refused to come on here and post, obviously you guys make excuses for them like "of course not the verdict was clear / desered." But you can't proven that's the reason why anymore than I could prove he reason is that they know I'm right and didnt deserve the ban and they don't want to admit it.
- still looking for a red

Really... you want a red to post everything... WookieCookie, bring forth the nightmare...

LittleDi

01-14-2013

Quote:
Jewlius:
Ban deserved. Change name to A ban in banxico.

The name change wouldn't help. He needs to have his head removed from it's current location to see things from other peoples perspective.

A Guy In Mexico

01-14-2013

Quote:
SimplyAlive:
I wanted to comment on this:

The intention is what matters here. You did it to spite your team after you felt they treated you wrongly. That is why it is punishable for you.

Yes, the system is flawed in some points.

However, the irony in your statement is that you expect others to acknowledge the flaws of the Tribunal, while you refuse to acknowledge the strong points of the Tribunal yourself.
This is a trend I commonly see in your posts. You hold others to different standards than you hold yourself when it comes to arguments.

This is a terrible example seeing as if I was banned for doing what they did to "spite" them, they should too, be banned.

On the last comment, the system is flawed, I don't acknowledge the strengths because there are none right now. In fact, Wookie said it fine himself, although he is still scared to post in here apparently. I believe with my heart that there COULD be strengths to the tribunal, but right now it's too weighed on the side of flaws to be a strength.

Wookie kinda said what I said, about cases being pardoned or punished according to the specific judges that are on, which is no consistency at all, one guy could get pardoned when another could get punished, that's not fair to the one who gets punished.

"Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
We keep a close eye on cases like this, so we can see why they would be frustrating.

There's a pretty simple explanation for what's going on here though, and hopefully after I share it with you then you'll be a little less discouraged.

Think of it like this.

Imagine there are 1000 tribunal voters.

80% of those tribunal voters are pretty consistent voters.
10% of those tribunal voters are more strict than usual.
10% of those tribunal voters are more lenient than usual.

Usually, what happens is that Tribunal Case is created, and you get a mix of all of these voters and it creates a favorable outcome.

However, given that the voters chosen for a case are random, in rare instances you will have cases where most of the voters are more lenient and forgiving.

This can lead to situations like this where we may see a case pardoned where the actual behavior can be questionable.

But don't fret just yet.

Players who are consistently toxic will end up in the Tribunal again, in rather short order too. So, while they've been given a brief respite and a chance to show they're not toxic; ultimately if they never end up changing their toxic behavior, then they will keep getting sent to the Tribunal until they're judged guilty."

Shiister

01-14-2013

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:

Wookie kinda said what I said, about cases being pardoned or punished according to the specific judges that are on, which is no consistency at all, one guy could get pardoned when another could get punished, that's not fair to the one who gets punished.

How isn't it fair? Because you don't get the same exact judges for every Tribunal case? How dumb does that sound? You don't even get the same jury in trails in real life.

Before anyone even read cases, the guy who gets pardon as just as much chance to get punished as the guy who got punished has just as much chance to get pardon, the percentages change once they do read the reform card and look at your behavior in it and actions.

Your case was a "Majority", so you didn't get strict judges or it would of been a "Strong" or "Overwhelming" Majority. If anything you got lucky by getting judges who was lenient enough press pardon on your cases making it a "Majority".

A Guy In Mexico

01-14-2013

Quote:
Shiister:
How isn't it fair? Because you don't get the same exact judges for every Tribunal case? How dumb does that sound? You don't even get the same jury in trails in real life.

Before anyone even read cases, the guy who gets pardon as just as much chance to get punished as the guy who got punished has just as much chance to get pardon, the percentages change once they do read the reform card and look at your behavior in it and actions.

Your case was a "Majority", so you didn't get strict judges or it would of been a "Strong" or "Overwhelming" Majority. If anything you got lucky by getting judges who was lenient enough press pardon on your cases making it a "Majority".

This isn't at all true. In a real jury system if they had concrete evidence of exactly what said person said during the game, it would be either punish or pardon every time. - no inconsistencies because of a judge - because in real life nobody would pardon a criminal who murdered someone if they KNEW he did.
Then again, if you asked a random person on the street if they would ban a gamers account for calling another player bad in the game, I am almost positive the majority would say no. The only reason people on the trib insta punish cases like mine is because they are sick of all the SUPER toxic players (which I am nowhere near), and they just punish it.

In other words, you knew I called someone bad. - punished
They knew this guy did all this stuff he did (worthy of a punish) - got pardoned.

If the jury system KNEW like they did with our cases, someone murdered someone, he WOULD go to jail.
Your logic is almost as flawed as the tribunal.

Shiister

01-14-2013

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
The only reason people on the trib insta punish cases like mine is because they are sick of all the SUPER toxic players (which I am nowhere near), and they just punish it.

Wrong. You been banned for 2 weeks, so this isn't your 1st time in the Tribunal. This 1 game didn't land you in the Tribunal by itself, you had other games which landed you in Tribunal, it just not shown to us. If Riot showed us every reform card from your warning to your 2-week ban, I'm sure you would be consider pretty toxic to the community.

LittleDi

01-14-2013

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
This isn't at all true. In a real jury system if they had concrete evidence of exactly what said person said during the game, it would be either punish or pardon every time. - no inconsistencies because of a judge - because in real life nobody would pardon a criminal who murdered someone if they KNEW he did.

And yet for some miracle reason we're not allowed to determine what you said was not appropriate for the situation. Double standard sir?

Quote:
Then again, if you asked a random person on the street if they would ban a gamers account for calling another player bad in the game, I am almost positive the majority would say no.
Try doing that.
http://columbiachronicle.com/video-game-trash-talk-going-too-far/
Quote:
Gaming is supposed to be fun, and the industry needs to police harassment so online gaming can be a welcoming community for anyone who wants to play.

Quote:
The only reason people on the trib insta punish cases like mine is because they are sick of all the SUPER toxic players (which I am nowhere near), and they just punish it.
FALSE! The majority of the players who vote in the tribunal have never been toxic players. They've been tasked with finding those who are toxic (even a little toxic) and voice their response to the activity in question. The standard is the summoners code. Something you broke multiple times.
Quote:
I. Support your Team
While we all carry a diverse set of individual ambitions and expectations into a game of League of Legends, once we hit the Field we’re a part of a team. For better or worse, our fates are intertwined with that of our teammates. Once the game gets into full swing, you have to make a choice between being a positive force for your team, or contributing to your own demise.

Supporting your team does not look like:

Graves [00:18:15] mundo you can't expect us to help with drag when you refused to gank all game.

This you did.

Quote:
In other words, you knew I called someone bad. - punished
Bad was NOT your only offense. Can you get it thru your thick skull?

Quote:
They knew this guy did all this stuff he did (worthy of a punish) - got pardoned.
Sometimes a troll gets lucky. It rarely happens more than once.

Quote:
If the jury system KNEW like they did with our cases, someone murdered someone, he WOULD go to jail.
Your logic is almost as flawed as the tribunal.

Your logic is that the summoners code does not apply to you. Who's the insane one then?

A Guy In Mexico

01-14-2013

Quote:
LittleDi:
And yet for some miracle reason we're not allowed to determine what you said was not appropriate for the situation. Double standard sir?

Try doing that.
http://columbiachronicle.com/video-game-trash-talk-going-too-far/

*****-This doesn't say anything about calling someone bad, this site link is actually 100% irrelevant to me, this site talks of tons of comments that are nowhere close to just calling someone. Please, Go find somebody else to bug. I'm waiting for a red, not your pointless comments.

FALSE! The majority of the players who vote in the tribunal have never been toxic players. They've been tasked with finding those who are toxic (even a little toxic) and voice their response to the activity in question. The standard is the summoners code. Something you broke multiple times.

*****-(I've alread told you to stop posting, you're very annoying and half the time you don't even know how to read or understand a point I make. For instance, I said they were sick of playing with toxic players, not they WERE)

Supporting your team does not look like:

Graves [00:18:15] mundo you can't expect us to help with drag when you refused to gank all game.

This you did.

Bad was NOT your only offense. Can you get it thru your thick skull?

Sometimes a troll gets lucky. It rarely happens more than once.

Your logic is that the summoners code does not apply to you. Who's the insane one then?

-Never said this.
I understand my responses are in the quote, but this was simpler for me.