Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Banned?? 2 weeks?? Red please??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goth Skunk

01-13-2013

This is clearly one of those cases where the accused simply just doesn't 'get it.'

Whether it's willful ignorance, or just garden-variety stupidity, I'm not sure. He sounds very sure of himself, but has no respect for anyone who disagrees with his views, even if the people that disagree with him are the people he's trying to appeal to.

He refuses to see himself as being in the wrong, despite those in authority repeatedly telling him that he is. He has a very narrow-minded view of how things should be run, especially the Tribunal. Naturally, in his view, the Tribunal ought to be run in such a way that sees him continue to be allowed to play, and to hell with anyone that gets bothered by how he acts in game. That anyone who's bothered by how he plays or his choice of words ought to 'man up.'

When presented with facts that oppose his opinions, he dismisses them, either refusing to acknowledge their authenticity, or just classifying them as outright wrong.

Judges, you'd have more success punching down a brick wall than you would convincing this guy he's wrong. This is a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect: The subject is so ignorant of the way things work, that he is incapable of realizing his own ignorance. Too stupid to realize he's stupid, in essence.

Say your pieces and move on. Ignore this fool.

LittleDi

01-13-2013

Quote:
Goth Skunk:
Judges, you'd have more success punching down a brick wall than you would convincing this guy he's wrong. This is a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect: The subject is so ignorant of the way things work, that he is incapable of realizing his own ignorance. Too stupid to realize he's stupid, in essence.

Say your pieces and move on. Ignore this fool.

Ask not why I punched down a brick wall. Ask why it made me angry enough to strike at it.

Not a joke or witty comment. Literally happened.

I still wait for him to see that not once have I reviewed his reform card. Only his behavior here on the forums. It is not me he needs to apologize to. No others on these forums have that right to demand it either. Not even the staff at Riot Games deserves that right.

When he knows whom he should apologize to then he will have learned something. I will give him one very good hint. The one he must speak with is not one on the internet.

A Guy In Mexico

01-13-2013

Quote:
LittleDi:
Ask not why I punched down a brick wall. Ask why it made me angry enough to strike at it.

Not a joke or witty comment. Literally happened.

I still wait for him to see that not once have I reviewed his reform card. Only his behavior here on the forums. It is not me he needs to apologize to. No others on these forums have that right to demand it either. Not even the staff at Riot Games deserves that right.

When he knows whom he should apologize to then he will have learned something. I will give him one very good hint. The one he must speak with is not one on the internet.

I never said you reviewed my reform card. But you guys miss every point I ever made. The only reason I got annoyed with the people on the forums is because they continue to say "it's impossible that you were banned just for calling a teammate bad or dumb" when I simply was. You guys continue to call me stupid or ignorant, which if I was banned for calling a teammate bad or dumb, you should all be banned. That's my point. Tell me how many games you play where at least ONE person calls somebody SOMETHING. That is why I say the whole community could be banned if I can be banned for something so stupid. I understand WHY I was banned, I just don't find it just or fair in any way.

As for the other poster I also never said off with anyone who disagrees, the problem is people who Disagree do it rudely. If you notice, I was kind and had nice replies to the ones who were the same to me or just gave a long nice post with suggestions - not attacking or rude. This is almost the same in game as well, players will be rude or attack, when you say something back, reported.

The game/trib is unbalanced and it may take a while, but I think riot will come to this conclusion.

Xianio

01-13-2013

Quote:
"it's impossible that you were banned just for calling a teammate bad or dumb"

How are you getting this from what's been said in this thread? That is not at all what everyone's telling you. I'll write it out clearly for you because you seem to be very confused as to what you're being told here.

We're saying: "Only calling your team mates bad or dumb IS ENOUGH to get you banned."

That's what people in this thread have been repeatedly trying to tell you from the outset. The rules are - don't be a jerk - don't insult people. Calling someone dumb/bad is insulting them. Stop doing that. Stop insulting people. Stop being a jerk.

We don't care if someone on your team did something bad/dumb. We don't care if they continue to make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. You don't have the authority to be critiquing anyone in your games. So stop doing it.

Is it really that hard to understand?

TLDR: We're saying: "Only calling your team mates bad or dumb IS ENOUGH to get you banned."

A Guy In Mexico

01-13-2013

That's not what everyone said, but ok. Even so, Nobody should ever be banned for just calling a teammate bad or dumb. That's nothing. We don't and never will live in fairy world where everything is perfect, it seems the tribunal voters expect perfect games or insta punish every time. That's impossible and nearly every one who goes through the tribunal "could" be insta punished. In fact, I went through and voted insta punish 19 cases and pardon 1, just to see the outcome, Idk how long it takes cases to clear, but I want to see if my accuracy was 100% except for the case I pardoned.

gnfnrf

01-13-2013

Quote:
A Guy In Mexico:
That's not what everyone said, but ok. Even so, Nobody should ever be banned for just calling a teammate bad or dumb. That's nothing. We don't and never will live in fairy world where everything is perfect, it seems the tribunal voters expect perfect games or insta punish every time. That's impossible and nearly every one who goes through the tribunal "could" be insta punished. In fact, I went through and voted insta punish 19 cases and pardon 1, just to see the outcome, Idk how long it takes cases to clear, but I want to see if my accuracy was 100% except for the case I pardoned.

The Tribunal punishes around 75-80% of cases right now. This has been determined by multiple people with a much larger sample size than 20 cases.

As for your opinions on the what the Tribunal should and should not do: You need to realize that your opinion and Riot's differ. You have expressed yours. But now you have to decide if you will continue acting as you think you should, in which case you will come before the Tribunal and be banned again, adapt your behavior to what Riot wants (which is only polite, as you are their guest on their servers), or play a different game with a different expectation of conduct.

You have three choices, but remember, it's a choice. If you choose to continue acting this way, and you are banned again, it's because you made a choice, not because the Tribunal is unjust, or you are a victim. You have the information, and you need to make the choice.

A Flock Of Teemo

01-13-2013

"This is similar for why my main was perma banned. "

Maybe ur just a horrid person....

embalmdk

01-13-2013

Let me understand this. You are complaining because you got a 2 week ban. Unfortunate. But to get a 2 week ban you must have had a number of warnings and suspensions in the past. Also by your behaviour it is evident that you don't have enough self control or intelligence to correct your behaviour.

Just for your edification, the tribunal does not ban, it clicks punish or pardon. The ban comes from Riot, past tribunal activity, and your own behaviour. If you don't know why your not a nice person then there is no help for you. I would suggest you go to another less stressful game like Sims III, or Puck Puck saves the Zoo. This game is too much for you and your ability to control anger.

By the way, just because the jungler did not do what you wanted does not make you a god, a leader, or a good player. Let the other people play their game and have fun. If you think your great get into a different category of play. In either case, leave other people alone.

A Guy In Mexico

01-13-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6019047/#nogo

Here's another pathetic example. And I was banned? This is my point. Dead on. The trib is flawed. I have seen so many cases like this, or completely opposite wih a ban majority. You guys are blind if you can't see this and still think I should be banned. What makes you people decide to punish or pardon? What's to day the only reason I got banned wasn't because of the people who happened to be voting that particular day or time? There is no consistency whatsoever in the tribunal. There is no steady line. The whole system has issues and you know why? If everyone in lol got banned for calling a teammate bad at one point or another or something similar, there would be a very small community. But this case I just posted, how can you find your pathetic system flawless?

LittleDi

01-13-2013

So I guess you haven't figured out who you need to apologize to yet?