Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuzzy Trees

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Quick question, in the rules it states

"Every winner will also receive a League of Legends drawstring bag containing:

• A Riot Games artist smudge guard glove
  • A Teemo hat
  • A Baron Nashor t-shirt
  • A Quintessence lapel pin
  • A Rammus “OK” League of Legends wristband
  • A League of Legends Lanyard
  • A “Bananas OP” foam banana
"

does this refer to the 17 winners listed above (10 honorable mentions, 5 semifinalists, and 2 grand prize winners)? I would assume so, but I'm just checking to see if there isnt any lower tier or something.

CPFalcon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I recently got one of the intro Wacom tablets and have been meaning to learn how to use it to it's fullest extent ... guess this is just the challenge to do that! >.<

FalseSecurity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Most recent contests have excluded states from Australia in the mix. Is it safe to say that we can enter now? Or are most states still excluded from this contest?

KittyDoll

01-17-2013

I tried to read through the legal stuff, but most of it flew over my head.

After I submit my entry, does my artwork belong to Riot? If so, what are the restrictions to how I can distribute and/or share my artwork?

Solari Brigadier

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyDoll View Post
I tried to read through the legal stuff, but most of it flew over my head.

After I submit my entry, does my artwork belong to Riot? If so, what are the restrictions to how I can distribute and/or share my artwork?
The section you're looking for is:

Quote:
Each Entrant shall retain its ownership interest and applicable intellectual property rights in and to its Entry. However, in consideration for the opportunities provided herein, each Entrant (or, in the event the Entrant is a minor, the Entrant’s respective parent or legal guardian) hereby grants Sponsor, and its agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns, a perpetual, irrevocable, universal, non-exclusive (except for Entrant’s personal use, including Entrant’s use on the Site), fully-paid and royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, distribute, and commercially exploit the Entry in any manner and for any purposes in connection to the Contest and the Sponsor’s advertising and marketing endeavors as further explained below.
What it says is, essentially, you own your artwork. Period. Riot can't take that away from you, and you can use your artwork however you want.

HOWEVER, by entering the contest you are giving Riot a LICENSE to use your artwork however they want (literally).

MatarEmos

01-18-2013

Hi, i live in Brazil, but have a Na account. I really really want to participate! Isn't there a way? I mean, i know Brazil's trade is horrible and there are alot of taxes, but to put it in the same boat as Iraq, North Korea and Iran is a bit extreme isn't it?
Thank You.

RapZero

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyse View Post
This. Horridly disappointed from the results with the last contest, why bother with this one?
All of their contest are like that.

Jasiwel

01-20-2013

Is it alright if we use Student Software (for instance, Autodesk Sketchbook Design Studen-version) to create and submit works? Will that violate the EULA context where it states all works must be created as a learning experience?

Riderman10

01-21-2013

watch my video in you tube pls! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOmYqIa7qMc

BumboKlawt

01-21-2013

I would like to incorporate two S3 items into my entry but, for one particular item (i.e. the Runic Bulwark), there seems to be a symbol of some sort in the centre of it. The 64x64 pixel image of it isn't big enough to define just what that symbol is.

So my question is. Can you provide us with bigger or more defined images of the S3 items?