Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DesignerGeorge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesut10Ozil View Post
This is only for PS Users or i can DRAW my Champion in a paper ?
You can draw your champion with the traditional way but you need to digitize it, scanning your image or taking a picture and your masterpiece will lose some quality. This means less points versus digital artists.

If you can fix the quality with photoshop or other program, go for it then.

BTW, where's MsPudding? I miss her... and i need my answer to start drawing!

01-14-2013

Sorry if you already answered to this question, but can i enter the contest from Colombia?

jellyfishstar

01-14-2013

Quote:
In the event an Entry is deemed a prize winner of this Contest, the Entrant further agrees that it shall not seek to market, distribute, sell, sublicense, or otherwise commercially exploit the Entry in any form or manner without the express prior written permission of the Sponsor.
If we enter, are we allowed to post these on our own websites (like a personal gallery or deviantart) prior to the end of the contest (and after)? Or allowed to post them as part of our portfolio online?

Mexinet

01-14-2013

Can we have multiple champions in our drawing and can we draw them with new skins or must they be current skins? Thanks.

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-14-2013
7 of 15 Riot Posts

@BallV - I got a reply for you

BaIIV 谢谢你的问题。
1.主题:这次的主题是展现你们在第三赛季开始前是如何刻苦训练的,所以可以是多个英雄,多个道具,但最少 要有一件这次第三赛季修改所增加的新道具。形式的话就是电子绘图。

2.作品缴交:档案名称是召唤师名称-地区。在作品之外没有其他的要求,如果你有一些附加的备注,可以放在提交网站的备注/评论区域。如果你有获奖,我们的工作人员会再通过电子邮件的方式联系你,获取你的原始文件。

3.截稿日期是2月8日11:50pm美国西部时间。
另外一些具体的信息你可以在新闻链接(http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/p...21040;。
希望这些回答了你的问题。

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-14-2013
8 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerGeorge View Post
I have a question with "Spirit of the Ancient Golem". Is the item a blue fist with a blue metal sheet and a sapphire or just the metal sheet and the jewel without the fist? I really REALLY need to know because this item can fit perfect with my idea.

Another question, can we draw champions with our skin concepts? Like we say in our country, to kill 2 birds with a shot. Or we need to draw them with classic skin?

P.S. sorry for my bad english.
I don't think we're entirely sure exactly what Spirit of the Ancient Golem looks like and is made of in the physical world! That is up to you to depict, and you're welcome to use your artistic freedom with that

Yes, you're free to depict champions wearing modified costumes, and even completely new themed skins if you wish. We have no requirements on that.

Sorry for the response time--I couldn't log into the forums over the weekend! I'll always be faster to reach via twitter.

ZevyJ

01-14-2013

By the way...

What is the Twin Shadows item supposed to look like? From the picture in-game, I have no idea what it looks like... but I think..

Is it supposed to be a necklace or collar around a wraith or something?

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZevyJ View Post
By the way...

What is the Twin Shadows item supposed to look like? From the picture in-game, I have no idea what it looks like... but I think..

Is it supposed to be a necklace or collar around a wraith or something?
MsPudding already mentioned that Twin Shadows's icon is actually, like you suggested, a silhouetted wraith. It's up to you to interpret how the item might look (for instance, how are the wraiths summoned?)

PracticalPotato

01-14-2013

Does the artpiece have to display the champion TRAINING per se, rather than simply utilizing the item? I think "training" may be a bit restraining on possible subject matter.

Not sure if answered: Can we submit multiple entries?

Edit: Perhaps you could collect the "good" questions on this thread and answer them in your original post to have this be a more FAQ thread rather than a help thread.

It's ok if you're busy :P

Solari Brigadier

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracticalPotato View Post
Does the artpiece have to display the champion TRAINING per se, rather than simply utilizing the item? I think "training" may be a bit restraining on possible subject matter.

Not sure if answered: Can we submit multiple entries?

Edit: Perhaps you could collect the "good" questions on this thread and answer them in your original post to have this be a more FAQ thread rather than a help thread.

It's ok if you're busy :P
The word used by MsPudding was "preparing", and there's more that goes into "preparing" than just training.

The first two non-training preparations I can think of:
-Viktor sitting at his workdesk, surrounded by parts and blueprints of various items. He's working on building a Seraph's Embrace.
-Ezreal exploring some ancient ruins and stumbling across the Iceborn Gauntlet.

Both of these concepts are definitely indicative of "preparing" for Season 3, include both a champion and a new item, and are consistent with the lore of each champion.