Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlebolg View Post
First time even considering entering any contest from Riot, but I'm in need of a new tablet, so this contest has piqued my interest.

My main question however, is will you guys ship to Canada? There've been way too many contests/sweepstakes/giveaways that say "NA" but really only mean "US".
Global contest means you can win no matter where you live.

Walram Amani

01-13-2013

I'd love to enter, but I have, like, no money so if I won anything I'd be responsible for taxes I can't pay... so whatever, ignoring <_<

SuoGrey

01-13-2013

Is Arizona not eligible?

DesignerGeorge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

I have a question with "Spirit of the Ancient Golem". Is the item a blue fist with a blue metal sheet and a sapphire or just the metal sheet and the jewel without the fist? I really REALLY need to know because this item can fit perfect with my idea.

Another question, can we draw champions with our skin concepts? Like we say in our country, to kill 2 birds with a shot. Or we need to draw them with classic skin?

P.S. sorry for my bad english.

Collidas

01-13-2013

Hey MsPudding!

I was wondering how long after the contest will we be able to know the results -- days? Months? Weeks?

The wait is always torturous.

Solari Brigadier

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerGeorge View Post
I have a question with "Spirit of the Ancient Golem". Is the item a blue fist with a blue metal sheet and a sapphire or just the metal sheet and the jewel without the fist? I really REALLY need to know because this item can fit perfect with my idea.

Another question, can we draw champions with our skin concepts? Like we say in our country, to kill 2 birds with a shot. Or we need to draw them with classic skin?

P.S. sorry for my bad english.
Considering it's the "spirit" of the ancient golem, I always assumed it to be more of an oversoul type of item (think Shaman King). However, that's open to plenty of interpretation, and what you described is a perfectly valid interpretation based on the name of the item and its icon.

Also, interesting note: In America, the term is "kill 2 birds with one stone".

BlackMystic

01-13-2013

What does 300 dpi mean?

Solari Brigadier

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMystic View Post
What does 300 dpi mean?
DPI stands for "dots per inch", and (in most basic understanding) it's the amount of pixels in a line per inch (dots, when referring to printers). An image with a higher DPI can be printed with bigger dimensions without losing quality.

72 DPI is considered the standard for anything on a computer screen, including website design and advertisements. For printing purposes, however, 300 is a pretty common standard (though you can go higher).

Most art programs have an option to change the DPI (or PPI, in some programs) of your image. Programs like Photoshop and GIMP offer this option when you open a new canvas, for instance, but if you're having trouble finding where the option is, use the program's Help function.

DesignerGeorge

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMystic View Post
What does 300 dpi mean?
72 dpi is not only for computer screens, it's the same resolution for every screen like FULLHD TVs, digital cameras, cellphones, smartphones and more. DPI resolution it's completly diferent at the size resolution of your screen. If you will work in this resolution (assuming your work will be displayed on a screen) you have to work on the color model RGB (Red, Green and Blue) this colors light are added together in various ways to reproduce a broad array of colors.

But, if you will work on a 300 dpi or higher document it's because you will print it. In this case you have to work on CMYK color model (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Key -A.K.A. blacK-). The CMYK model works by partially or entirely masking colors on a lighter, usually white background (the paper on your printer). The ink reduces the light that would otherwise be reflected. Such a model is called subtractive because inks "subtract" brightness from white.

And once again, sorry for my bad english.

Mesut10Ozil

01-14-2013

This is only for PS Users or i can DRAW my Champion in a paper ?