Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can you get banned for saying ''owned'' in all chat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Outplay Nation

01-11-2013

Like when you get ganked and get a doublekill. I used to play diablo 2 and starcraft and such thing is just normal for me, should I change my atittude for league and be like ''Wow I got lucky'', instead.

Delta Sniper

01-11-2013

depends, if all you say is "owned" yes you can however if you say.
"I owned a unicorn when i was 7"
you will probably not get banned

gentlemenshadow

01-11-2013

i wouldnt think so

if it was a thing where every kill? yes

or if it was like HAHA I OWNED YOU NUB

SmokingPuffin

01-11-2013

I know that some people who do tribunal are sticklers for unsportsmanlike conduct. They'd vote to punish.

However, I think that if it's just an isolated incident, and not part of any other toxic behavior, you probably would not be punished for just this.

Moneys

01-11-2013

With the tribunal in its oversensitive state, you can get banned for saying pretty much anything that comes off as aggressive or remotely derogatory.

Glyphz

01-11-2013

depends on context and a lot of other factors.

Cryptid V

01-11-2013

Well i haven't been yet and every time this happens some sort of rude remark comes out of me(lol, gj, nice, , I've even said "Do it again ", ect.). Of course i don't if I'm Darius post 6 but otherwise...

Ergheis

01-11-2013

Ask yourself.... is that really the most original, coolest thing you could say?

People who get banned are the ones who enjoy irrittating people. If you just did something great and want to say something, people are fine with that. But, say, if someone complains in all chat, and all you say is "UMAD" then yes, people are going to be annoyed.

Rhythmless Ninja

01-11-2013

Lemme ask you this, after a football, basketball, baseball game etc, do you walk up to the losing team and tell them they got owned? Sure, thats all well and good with friends but it's unsportsman like regardless, and if you said that to people you didn't even know I'm sure they'd think youre a jackass. I wouldn't punish anyone for saying it but anyone who wants to has every right to do so.

TornadoOfBees

01-11-2013

If you feel the need to ask, you probably shouldn't be doing it. A great rule of thumb is simply "Don't be a jerk". Nothing special, just follow that one rule and you'll never get banned.