Shyvana Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excaliberx18

01-11-2013

Hey everyone kinda new to the forums,

In Season 2 Shyvana was my off-main and I played her a lot to great success but I'm struggling using her in Season 3. Here are some questions/comments.

1. First of all, which items should you start with. In Season 2 I always started cloth pots but a lot of people are swearing by hunter's machete right now. Is the dmg increase that good to take over cloth. Also, I fear taking machete might be bad because it doesn't give me a stat advantage against other jungles very early (especially since shyv counter jungs a lot).

2. Somewhat tying to the first question...Is wriggles a must buy on shyvana? In Season 2 I viewed wriggles as WAY too expensive and bought 2 dorans blades (along with wards whenever i had $$$) and that worked extremely well for me). Are there any alternativse or is wriggles a must for shyv?

3. Quints? Whats trendy? I am running Flat Ad, but prior to that I had MS. I'm also hearing about AS quints and Hybrid pen. Thoughts?

4. Finally, what are people building on Shyv. Is it still the same where you go wriggles into wit's end. Where can you (or do you even?) fit sightstone into your build? Could something like locket of solari be good to get on shyv?

Sorry if its a lot to read. I hope you guys can give me constructive feedback/good answers.

Thanks again

Rhavien

01-11-2013

I don't know what works best but i play her alot and can tell u what i run.
AS reds
Flat armor yellows
Flat magic resist blues
AD Quints

I go 9-21-0 masteries

I only jungle shyv but heres my build:
Machete- 5 pots
boots- madreds razor- wiggles- finish boots (usually merc treads or greaves)
giants belt into frozen mallet
wits end
if you need defense after that build a runic bulwark if your support didn't otherwise another item depending on whats hurting you (Thornmail if AD carries are a problem)
finish with a hydra ( you should be farming like a champ at this point so if you want another high damage item or an as item like shiv or pd go ahead hell even a GA if you want. 6 slot is strictly a gravy slot and should fit YOUR playstyle.

Ive seen alot of people complaining season 3 jungle hurt shy but i don't see it. She can still invade after red and mini camps for an early jungle kill then start ganking. Im often up 3-0 or 4-0 by the 5 min mark

Excaliberx18

01-12-2013

Thanks for the advice...anyone else want to contribute???

What is Studying

01-12-2013

Shyvana is definitely one of my favourite junglers so I will give my 2 cents on her.

Rune:
Reds- flat AD
Yellows- flat armour
Blue- MR/ per level
Quints- Flat AD

Build:
Start with machete and 5x health pots
Purchase boots and madreds razor
I personally grab null magic mantle at this point. Can be built into merc trends, wits end, or just keep it for a bit for a little MR
Then I finish off wriggles. Helps with clear, sustain, and a bit of armour for invading.
This is the turning point. At this point in the game, it really depends on what to build next.
If they have a ton of AP damage or a super fed AP Carry, then merc treads and wits end are a must.
If they have tons of AD damage or a super fed AD Carry, then ninja tabi and phage are a must.
If its a mix, then merc treads and phage since phage gives HP.
My end game goals for items include: frozen mallet, wits end, warmogs, and the rest is situational.

Hope this helps a bit. Probably not.

P.S. A saying to remember always: "Best place to start is at enemy red."

Excaliberx18

01-12-2013

Thanks for the tip...form what I'm seeing AD quints are the norm for her?

Martyrofsand

01-13-2013

I run around 80-85% win rate as jungle shyvana in both 3s and 5s.

Runes
Red--Atk speed
Yellow--Flat armor
Blue--Scaling MR blues
Quints--Move speed

Masteries 21/9/0 in defensive tree I take perseverence, hardiness, tough skin and bladed armor.

I start Machette+5 pots go wraiths-->Red-->Wolves-->fight enemy at his red(although this can change based on jungle you are facing and lanes)

I build Wriggles-->Treads/Tabi-->Sightstone-->Phage-->Witz-->Frozen Mallet-->Randuins-->Sell sightstone for Guardian Angel-->sell wriggles for Hydra.

Build can change based on game but Wriggles, sightstone, Mallet, and Witz are all manditory core items in the early game.

I max R--W--Q--E.

SorryDogz

Recruiter

01-13-2013

just go onto mobafire and get a shyvanna guide,most of them are jungle but that's because she can clear jungle fast