Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mastatheorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Thanks guys! Yea I'd agree there were some gems I saw posted on the forum that were fantastic. And some on the shortlist that I was curious how they beat out others :P

Ah well all in the eye of the beholder right?

Faaze

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastatheorm View Post
Congrats to the winners.

Here's a bad lighting picture I took on my iphone (not the pic we submitted) of my Wife and I's submission. Lil choked it wasnt in the short list as I thought she did a wonderful job!

Ah well here, it is for your enjoyment.
Wow, I'm really impressed by yours. o.O The way you got the angle on Kog'Maw's face is really cool. And the icing is all very crisp. I honestly would have put yours in over my own. They have similar designs, but your's just looks so much more clean cut and presentable.

True Night

01-11-2013

Congratulations to the winners, and great job for all the people posting their work here who weren't lucky enough to win or get honorable mention. A lot of these are just awesome.

As for all the people saying they're not going to vote because people that used fondant in their submissions either won or are among the honorable mentions, that doesn't make any sense at all. If you don't like the fact that people who primarily used fondant might win in a gingerbread contest, then just vote for the non-fondant entries.

Pinka

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastatheorm View Post
Congrats to the winners.

Here's a bad lighting picture I took on my iphone (not the pic we submitted) of my Wife and I's submission. Lil choked it wasnt in the short list as I thought she did a wonderful job!

Ah well here, it is for your enjoyment.
I want to nominate your entry for the voting page. Looks amazing! so cute and neat

I'm still boiling inside about the fact that plain gingerbread Teemo cookies made it to the top 20... just w... t... f.... your entry was way better...

Les Tortue

01-11-2013

Hungry now :P

Kai Talakki

01-11-2013

Congrats to the winners. Sad we didn't make it to at least voting. XP

Ah well, it was fun to make at least.

EDIT: Also, I'm a bit confused about the fact that when I refresh the voting page I seem to get other entries popping up that weren't there before but a select few that always stay there. This seems like a really terrible way to do voting to me since people can only vote once.

Amsdragonfly

01-11-2013

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I don't understand how you can make it to the finals while not following the requirements for the contest (size requirements)? Also, I wouldn't have spent hours working on my reindeer baron (NOT the santa hat baron that everyone seemed to do, but one we made up ourselves) if I had known that just copying the Teemo cookie that was the headline on the contest would have gotten me to the finals. That took you what, 5 minutes to decorate? I guess I just don't understand how the entries were selected and judged, sine I saw a bunch that looked great that didn't make it through.

Crispy Bacoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdragonfly View Post
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I don't understand how you can make it to the finals while not following the requirements for the contest (size requirements)? Also, I wouldn't have spent hours working on my reindeer baron (NOT the santa hat baron that everyone seemed to do, but one we made up ourselves) if I had known that just copying the Teemo cookie that was the headline on the contest would have gotten me to the finals. That took you what, 5 minutes to decorate? I guess I just don't understand how the entries were selected and judged, sine I saw a bunch that looked great that didn't make it through.
Chalk it up on the "Reasons to hate Teemo" list.

User3

01-11-2013

Like a lot of people here, I am also pretty disappointed with the results. So many amazing creations seem to have been overlooked in favor of less creative entries (I'm looking at you, generic gingerbread Teemos >_>).

I do love seeing everyone post their entries in this thread, though! Even if they weren't good enough for Riot, I'm glad they're at least getting recognition from the community.

We didn't make the honorable mentions, but my boyfriend and I had a lot of fun creating our entry for this contest. Hope you guys enjoy it too!

http://imgur.com/a/jfGK1

Mastatheorm

01-11-2013

hahaha poor teemo