Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jgweebz

01-11-2013

Not voting. Like, some of the grand prizes do not look edible at all lol. Where is the gingerbread and graham cracker? I made an entire edible map with gingerbread nexus, graham cracker lanes, candycane turrets, cupcake inhibitors, cookie trees, tons of sweets making up creeps/monsters, gummyworm creation baron etc. Like, you can still tell its edible, but they also resembled the map portion they were intended to be. I guess I didnt understand the contest, sculpt something out of anything, paint with icing using your art background, and enter to win.

Lucidia

01-11-2013

I am confused. Why are the top 5 also in the voting page?

VioletCobra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
I didn't see that and followed the thread fairly closely. They said that your platform that you built on could be non-edible. If that is the case though I'll feel really silly about using (and breaking lots) of uncooked spaghetti to hold my gingerbread in position while the icing hardened.
LMAO! I thought I was the only one to use Spaghetti as structure. Yeah, I did the same just to be sure.
(btw, I didn't make it voting)

Miorra

01-11-2013

This was my submission I worked really hard, but also did not make it into the honorable mentions

http://imgur.com/m4YDb

I made it with two other people and we worked hard on it, we are equally disappointed.

Lilybet

01-11-2013

This is what I submitted: A holiday snowball fight made out of cookies, marshmallows, and other assorted candies.

Again, it looks like fondant wins. Congrats to the winners. Maybe I'll be able to get silent night sona another time. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm not an artist. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this, and I wanted to make sure it followed the spirit. I'm a bit disheartened at the results. But congrats to those who won or are about to win.

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

This is my husband's submission and since you could enter more than once, we worked on one together but it's sugar cookie. His is Easter Teemo and ours together is Soraka. The soraka came out so bad though, sugar cookie covered in frosting with candy design. Nerds in the background for her starfall.

The name on the Soraka one is gingerbread style with gingerbread frosting and candy.

Faaze

01-11-2013

My friend's and my submission was one of the runner up submissions, and I was really curious what other people's opinions on it were. I see that a lot of people are displeased at the primarily fondant creations, so I was curious how that persuaded people's opinions of ours. My friends and I used gingerbread to create the sleigh for Santa Gragas and Kog Maw's antlers, and cupcakes as the base for almost everything else. We then wrapped the cupcakes in fondant, or in the case of Kog'Maw just stuck them together with a candy cane skeleton.

Any opinions would be super appreciated. =D
http://imgur.com/a/f3WTC#0

Jav E Cakez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Welcome to the league of fondant.

puppichuu

01-11-2013

I am very honored to have been chosen as a favorite of riot! There was some incredible entries out there! Good luck to all the summoners waiting on the votes to come in!!! ^.^

Pinka

01-11-2013

Yea... I'm not voting either. Some of the "winners" do not even have gingerbread in their entry. I also submitted a support ticket to make sure they received my entry that I submitted on the 3rd after they re-opened the contest. =/

After all rules said that it was going to be open to submissions until January the 3rd at 11:59pm PT.