Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
I put out the idea of opening up some honorable mention slots, but a couple of good points as to why we should not do that have been raised. I will meet with my team tomorrow and see what we can come up with.
Setting a precedent of contest augmentation as a result of forum clamor could definitely cast a poor light on the legitimacy of the judging process.
And potentially encourage people not to follow contest rules in the future.

(Perhaps especially if without massive support for a particular set of pieces, having clear reasoning.)

Though an apology consolation to all entrants might be appreciated, if it is with a specific reason. (Lack of clarity in rules, or the like.)

Mastatheorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
I hope you mean 5 after the 10 from na and eu in the current voting. Wouldn't be fair to to take the prize from 10 winners. 900 would sure be a lot to look through, I think I'd just look for my favourites from the original contest thread x)
whoops I was referring to the 'additional' 5 they were thinking of adding to the honorable mentions.

UnremarkableOne

01-13-2013

could anyone possibly relink the gallery I remember being posted, I wanted to see how many more entries were put in since I checked last, but I can't find it D:
nm, was looking too early in the thread :P

slayer808

01-13-2013

Hi, may I ask when will the community choice and third place winners be announced?

-Thanks (^__^)

HoogerX

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer808 View Post
Hi, may I ask when will the community choice and third place winners be announced?

-Thanks (^__^)
I hope the community choice will be announced on monday.

Btw: I think everyone did a great job in their creations. I don't judge any of the designs. But ofcourse some creations are really AMAZING and some are like WOOOOOW.

Since there is no age restriction in this contest, I would't be too harsh on the designs that are less. Because that design could actually be made from a kid of 8 years old and made it with heart and soul. If you tell he or she deserves less to win, I think you are missing the point of Christmas and New year's hapiness.

Riot has given us gamers a chance to do anything else beside gaming. To do something with friends and relatives. So I really appreciate this contest in every way.

FargoKraft

01-13-2013

I really want some god d*mn ginger bread cookies now :O

AlchemicFudge

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Community preference (popular support) can be a pretty good reason to make stuff happen. (Since it indicates a lot of people want it.)

Similar to the Hippalus manually doing skin trades for people if the thread gets enough upvotes.

So if there was large community support for giving honorable mention to something like Winter Dominion for its excellent craftsmanship or Yordle Cart for extreme cuteness, that would probably be just fine. (Even if the judges did not view it to be completely matching the contest, for whatever reason. Barring, perhaps, more pressing disqualification cause.)
True, but the chance for someone to be overlooked in a sea of posts is problematic. The ones selected by the community might just be the ones that people have seen the most often, not necessarily their favorites. It's a problem with a lot of contests run on a forum...now if they had a way to do it with WooBox

Nyla

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer808 View Post

-Thanks (^__^)
Monday today, Xin announced it earlier in the thread.

Praetor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

WOW! Some of our players are baking, master artists!

Nyla

01-14-2013

Getting so impatient, I know that its like 8am for Riot but for me its like 6pm! xD