Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnremarkableOne

01-12-2013

@Xin,
in this contest on the main page it detailed the time of the deadline as midnight on january 2 (PST) but in the official rules it detailed the time as january 3rd at 11:59pm (pst) which is midnight of that day and it initially confused me into thinking we had until 2am (cst) january 4th to submit my entry, I know that entries were reopened when everyone made it clear that this confusion had affected a number of people who wanted to participate it reopened. which I appreciate greatly though it made no difference in the end on mine.
What I do not understand is this coming contest, why is there a jibe at people who were honestly confused by your date/time specifications being allowed right in the starting details of it? I'm posting it here instead of on that thread because it feels more relevant to the people who competed here.

GoddessShallah

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
Oh god, you are gonna get me started. The Eu forums got practically 0 response when asking questions about the rules so unless we went over to look at NA we would have no idea what type of gingerbread was allowed, if the criteria had to be visible, if all three had to be used. It was pretty ridiculous, we had people on Eu saying their camera's weren't good enough for the dimensions required and asking what they should do who got absolutely no assistance.
There's a lulu cake, you guys did have different rules, Xin even stated that. Am I jelly that a bittersweet Lulu cake beat out my gingerbread Lulu with heaps of color? Yeah a bit but I am also happy for her, finding out now that cake was allowed for EU.

Reikii

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla View Post
Oh god, you are gonna get me started. The Eu forums got practically 0 response when asking questions about the rules so unless we went over to look at NA we would have no idea what type of gingerbread was allowed, if the criteria had to be visible, if all three had to be used. It was pretty ridiculous, we had people on Eu saying their camera's weren't good enough for the dimensions required and asking what they should do who got absolutely no assistance.

I might go back and edit the second one to make it clearer. Yes, the lack of responses in some instances and the vague responses in other areas left a lot up for interpretation. The fact people were left in the dark speaks for itself. The contest was poorly written and misleading if the winners 110% reflect what they were looking for.

Bryy

01-12-2013

Xin-

The voting is a little confusing. I'm assuming we can vote for one NA and one EU per day, but they're all mixed up. I realize that you're randomizing the location of the pictures to encourage a more fair voting, but would there be a way to make two grids and separate the EU and NA submissions?

Thanks

Shaann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

I also have a question. I noticed on one of the five selected, that the summoners didn't have their server written in icing, as was required. When I went to point this out and quote the rule, I noticed that that rule was removed. This was a rule at one time, which is why most of us have "NA" or "EU" written in icing. Why was this removed and were there any other rules that were changed that could have resulted in some of us being disqualified?

UnremarkableOne

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaann View Post
I also have a question. I noticed on one of the five selected, that the summoners didn't have their server written in icing, as was required. When I went to point this out and quote the rule, I noticed that that rule was removed. This was a rule at one time, which is why most of us have "NA" or "EU" written in icing. Why was this removed and were there any other rules that were changed that could have resulted in some of us being disqualified?
in the rules it states that the name and region must be in the entry information, but it only ever said that your summoner name had to be written in frosting. it confused me at first too but I reread the rules about eighty times to make sure it wasn't necessary.

Shaann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnremarkableOne View Post
in the rules it states that the name and region must be in the entry information, but it only ever said that your summoner name had to be written in frosting. it confused me at first too but I reread the rules about eighty times to make sure it wasn't necessary.
No, it said it must be written in icing. It is even in the announcement image. It was included in "One of the pictures must include your summoner name physically written in icing, next to the submission" in the original post. It was removed so I am unable to quote it, but I am absolutely certain that it was there at one time.

UnremarkableOne

01-12-2013

One of the pictures must include your summoner name physically written in icing, next to the submission
first page of the contest.
THE EMAIL MUST INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND YOUR LEAGUEOFLEGEND.COM’S ACCOUNT IN-GAME USER NAME (i.e., “SUMMONER” NAME) AND ASSOCIATED SERVER REGION (e.g., NA/EUW/EUNE/KR/TR/BRA, etc.).
in the official rules, sorry I copy pasta and its all caps for the 2nd part :P
edit: If it was I do not remember it, sorry, not trying to say you are wrong, just that I never remember seeing it.

IshtarBlood

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessShallah View Post
I remember that rule clear as day, they removed it? hrm..
Yeah, they changed the rules in their official form partway through the process. Somewhere between figuring out that they didn't know how to write a clear cutoff time and deciding that a pat on the head would suffice to placate us, they also decided that if they sneakily rewrote a couple lines, no one would be the wiser.

Well, we are. Some of us scoured those rules looking for any sign of help, since none could be found from actual people. We saw. It's shameful, as has been much of the administrative behavior around this contest.

Kinda makes the rule adherence argument rather moot when they just change them at will.

GoddessShallah

01-12-2013

I thought I remember it stating it in the official rules that you had to as well.. feeling confused lol!