Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS18fc4f8fabbd3b

Junior Member

01-11-2013

Same 2 teemos, that were in the main banner of the contest. Riot, you gave a clear clue how to win your contests.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bryy

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Not even close?!

You're kidding me, Riot. Next year I'm going to do a gingerbread screen shot of the contest announcement and win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katherz

Junior Member

01-11-2013

If it is suppose to be top 20, is there reason there are 58 entries because they range from EU and NA?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sunset Bound

Junior Member

01-11-2013

The Teemo Gingerbread entries did not beat out any of the entries here. If you check the entrants' names on LoLking you'll see the players who submitted the gingerbread Teemo entries are all EU players. If you check the EU thread for this contest, you'll see the winners for NA and EU are different because they were only competing among people from their own jurisdiction. So if Riot plans to award the people's choice award to different people for NA and EU as well, in light of EU's smaller competition pool it makes sense that some of their entries that made it to the people's choice round are not as polished as the ones that didn't make the cut in NA.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ron Paul

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Sunset Bound:
The Teemo Gingerbread entries did not beat out any of the entries here. If you check the entrants' names on LoLking you'll see the players who submitted the gingerbread Teemo entries are all EU players. If you check the EU thread for this contest, you'll see the winners for NA and EU are different because they were only competing among people from their own jurisdiction. So if Riot plans to award the people's choice award to different people for NA and EU as well, in light of EU's smaller competition pool it makes sense that some of their entries that made it to the people's choice round are not as polished as the ones that didn't make the cut in NA.


Teemo isn't the only entry that people have qualms with - there are plenty of NA entries that really aren't worth top 20. As arrogant as it sounds, I don't know how to say it any other way. There were way better NA entries.

Downvotes? Can you seriously say that someone like Rekeii's amazing submission isn't worth top 20 but a cookie with icing on it is?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZzRadio

Recruiter

01-11-2013

You can't deck the lanes if they're not on the winter map. Where's our winter map...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ron Paul

Senior Member

01-11-2013

I'm surprised a red didn't respond to all of these posts. People are clearly upset with them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetchy Tact

Junior Member

01-11-2013

Good job to the winners. I'm just sort of upset I didn't even make it to honorable mention...I think that, compared to the other honorable mentions, I did just as well if not better.
Man I sound bitter.
Well, since I didn't make it in, here are some pics of mine. And all of it is edible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sunset Bound

Junior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Sunset Bound:
The Teemo Gingerbread entries did not beat out any of the entries here. If you check the entrants' names on LoLking you'll see the players who submitted the gingerbread Teemo entries are all EU players. If you check the EU thread for this contest, you'll see the winners for NA and EU are different because they were only competing among people from their own jurisdiction. So if Riot plans to award the people's choice award to different people for NA and EU as well, in light of EU's smaller competition pool it makes sense that some of their entries that made it to the people's choice round are not as polished as the ones that didn't make the cut in NA.


Quote:
Ron Paul:
Teemo isn't the only entry that people have qualms with - there are plenty of NA entries that really aren't worth top 20. As arrogant as it sounds, I don't know how to say it any other way. There were way better NA entries.


You're right, that is arrogant.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mickle Myscheff

Junior Member

01-11-2013

Congrats to the winners. I'm surprised at the choices for honorable mentions though. There are a lot of great submissions in this thread that were snubbed.

We didn't expect to win, but we were hoping to at least get an honorable mention. Our poor unloved Veigar :c And we were so proud of Katarina's knives too..

(P.S. Can someone share their Royal Icing recipe with me? Decorating cookies is pretty fun, but our icing didn't come out shiny at all lol.)