Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RabbitKun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

I would like to know why Riot even puts up a criteria/focus ingredient if they're not going to apply that guideline to the final ruling of the contest. This isn't the first contest it's happened and I'm surprised that it's happened again. I think a Rioter even said that if the gingerbread, graham cracker, and christmas cookie components were not visible then it would be ineligible to consider the ingredient in your contest entry. Then I look at the results... did I miss something???

Sorry to those that put in days of their precious holiday vacation to create some really awesome entries. I'm not sure if I'll ever participate in another cooking contest again but I sincerely hope Riot learns from this recent contest.

Szotyoláné

01-11-2013

Well, Riot, I'm truly disappointed. We were making our submission for 3 days, and you pick a ward skin, which is just plain gingerbread with some lines on it? I can understand that we didn't win, but not even be in the voting section? I watched the pictures with impartiality, and I think this wasn't fair. I feel bad because all the hard work, hoping, everything, was for nothing. Its not about prize, just some honorable mention.
Is it because I could not make the picture exactly 1280 and whatever?
Sorry for my psyching out, but I was really hoped that we at least get in the voting section. I'm very very disappointed.

I saw here a lot of amazing creations with a lot of work in it. Guys, we did great, but somehow the judges were blind.

Btw, awesome amumu and giant fizz!

Schmoochy

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastatheorm View Post
Congrats to the winners.

Here's a bad lighting picture I took on my iphone (not the pic we submitted) of my Wife and I's submission. Lil choked it wasnt in the short list as I thought she did a wonderful job!

Ah well here, it is for your enjoyment.
This is by far my favorite. Puppichuu's entry is a very close second and definitely deserved to win, that's for sure.

Ombria

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Puppichuu's entry is definitely worthy of top 5. Great job and wonderful photography! For those discussing the criteria, I made a post here about it.

Shadou

01-11-2013

wow everyone's gingerbread pics on this thread are really good i really don't know how none of ya'll made it to the voting because it's way better and creative :/ wonder what happened

Lilybet

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombria View Post
Puppichuu's entry is definitely worthy of top 5. Great job and wonderful photography! For those discussing the criteria, I made a post here about it.
Your link is broken.

Ombria

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybet View Post
Your link is broken.
That's what I get for trying to post a link from my phone (while drinking a very large margarita - though I'm sure that had absolutely NOTHING to do with it).

I will fix it as soon as I'm home. It links to page 58 of the original contest thread. Thanks for telling me so I can fix it, Lily.

User3

01-11-2013

Random thought... but perhaps they had to choose an equal number of entries from NA and EU to be voted on by the community?

Judging by the contest threads prior to the results announcement, it seemed like NA had a TON of amazing entries (over 50+ pages worth of comments and entries, in fact). The EU site, however, only had around 4 pages of comments in that thread and I'm wondering if that is because the participation rate was generally lower for that region.

If the EU participation rate was so low, perhaps Riot was "forced" to choose even the not-so-creative entries in an attempt to include as many EU entries as NA ones.

I'm still trying to somehow piece together how entries like the copycat gingerbread Teemos could beat out any of the awesome ones posted in those threads. >_>

Bugatti Veyron

01-11-2013

I didn't enter because I don't have any points in Biscuiteer.

Ombria

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumex View Post
That looks delicious.
Thank you; it was really tasty! Everything was made from scratch, including the triple layer gingerbread cake. It's hard to tell, but the cake is actually a 9" diameter. The cookies featured were quite tall (I held my breath while assembling it!).