Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spezz

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdragonfly View Post
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but I don't understand how you can make it to the finals while not following the requirements for the contest (size requirements)? Also, I wouldn't have spent hours working on my reindeer baron (NOT the santa hat baron that everyone seemed to do, but one we made up ourselves) if I had known that just copying the Teemo cookie that was the headline on the contest would have gotten me to the finals. That took you what, 5 minutes to decorate? I guess I just don't understand how the entries were selected and judged, sine I saw a bunch that looked great that didn't make it through.
Agree entirely, there are some awesome submissions in there but in this thread alone ive seen 4-5 that were much better than some of the finalists and looked like they spent much more time perfecting them. Also +1 to morphine's amumu, just one of the bunch that seriously should have made the finalists.

Yumex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faaze View Post
My friend's and my submission was one of the runner up submissions, and I was really curious what other people's opinions on it were. I see that a lot of people are displeased at the primarily fondant creations, so I was curious how that persuaded people's opinions of ours. My friends and I used gingerbread to create the sleigh for Santa Gragas and Kog Maw's antlers, and cupcakes as the base for almost everything else. We then wrapped the cupcakes in fondant, or in the case of Kog'Maw just stuck them together with a candy cane skeleton.

Any opinions would be super appreciated. =D
http://imgur.com/a/f3WTC#0
The cupcake Kogmaw is really kick ass and creative, but no visible gingerbread unfortunately. It is one of the better ones of the lot, but yah, I'm not a fan of the fondant sculptures sorry to say. It is pretty to look at it, but it is not appetizing at all. I want something that is equal parts delicious looking and equal parts League. I actually liked the bad santa Veigar with the minion reindeer on the voting page though.

Ms LadyDelicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

I fee like I am selling myself out here but I put up a general discussion forum and I am really interested in everyone's entries and who they made there creations. You can talk about your creation and how you made it, why you created what you created and etc.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post33384798

Anyways congrats to the winners really am happy for you! I also wish the other participants the best of luck in the voting realm, congrats!!

EDIT: Placed my picture in the comment

puppichuu

01-11-2013

Here are some nicer pics of my entry if people are interested, better than the ones I had to send to riot to fit the requirements. Also great job to all the entries!!
http://puppichu.deviantart.com/#/d5qanja

Chrome Rammus

01-11-2013

nice

Faaze

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumex View Post
The cupcake Kogmaw is really kick ass and creative, but no visible gingerbread unfortunately. It is one of the better ones of the lot, but yah, I'm not a fan of the fondant sculptures sorry to say. It is pretty to look at it, but it is not appetizing at all. I want something that is equal parts delicious looking and equal parts League. I actually liked the bad santa Veigar with the minion reindeer on the voting page though.
The sleigh is all gingerbread, it just doesn't look very good cause we kinda messed up on the recipe and didn't use enough brown sugar and molasses. We also painted it with icing to make it red.

Furon137

01-11-2013

How does this not beat a Teemo cookie?

Pickle Pet

01-11-2013

I am extremely disappointed in the riot judges. I don't mean to be cruel to those who did earn honorable mentions, but I saw many other entries in the introduction thread that I personally believe are more deserving - in the very least, for being three dimensional as opposed to two dimensional, because I know how much extra effort that requires.

I will never participate in another edible competition, or probably any other kind of competition either. Call me butt-hurt, but I feel warranted in being upset for wasting 3 whole days of my vacation and not even getting mentioned next to a carbon-copy of the competition advertisement image. I will be compiling my own gallery of submissions that I believe should have been honorable mentions.
In the meantime, here is my submission.

I'm very sorry to all of us who didn't make it.

The Drunk Driver

01-11-2013

I didnt make it either T_T is it because my teemo is not white??? ^0^

Lilybet

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Pet View Post
I am extremely disappointed in the riot judges. I don't mean to be cruel to those who did earn honorable mentions, but I saw many other entries in the introduction thread that I personally believe are more deserving - in the very least, for being three dimensional as opposed to two dimensional, because I know how much extra effort that requires.

I will never participate in another edible competition, or probably any other kind of competition either. Call me butt-hurt, but I feel warranted in being upset for wasting 3 whole days of my vacation and not even getting mentioned next to a carbon-copy of the competition advertisement image. I will be compiling my own gallery of submissions that I believe should have been honorable mentions.
In the meantime, here is my submission.

I'm very sorry to all of us who didn't make it.
I'm looking forward to seeing who you choose! remember to link it!