Borderlands 2 :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kvlt Kitty

01-11-2013

Anyone else thought it blew chunks? I put in 30 hours and have no desire to keep going.

Everything subtle I liked from the first one is gone. The atmospheric music, the dissolving bodies, the constant gore from sniper headshots, and VERY LITTLE DIALOGUE. I cannot stand the obnoxious voicework in this one. It feels like a childrens version of the apocalypse, not a dreary post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Malzabear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Borderlands is a more lighthearted and silly take on an apocalypse. I enjoy the humor.

If you're looking for atmosphere and gore.. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place.

Edit: But yeah, I like the first more than the second.

Kvlt Kitty

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTinyTinyHippo View Post
Borderlands is a more lighthearted and silly take on an apocalypse. I enjoy the humor.

If you're looking for atmosphere and gore.. Maybe you're looking in the wrong place.

Edit: But yeah, I like the first more than the second.
The first didn't seem nearly as light hearted. I think they took that concept a bit too far. I love humor, but I like good humor. The humor in 2 seemed to appeal to children majority of the time with the modern YELLING IS FUNNY approach. They left very little room for character development because the characters were so obnoxious all the time. Friend or foe, I just hoped that all the characters would die.

My best memories of one were wandering a desolate wasteland while the droning guitar would lull you into a "I'm just gonna clear one more area..." mentality. Two felt like an over hyped childrens action cartoon.