Would you allow a Council to mediate these forums?

I approve this system. 10 34.48%
I approve, however I have slight changes that I'd like to discuss 2 6.90%
I do not approve, however with some changes I would change my mind. 3 10.34%
I do not approve. 14 48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

[IMPORTANT POLL] Council Initiative Voting.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupted Sniper View Post
Are you suggesting segregation?
No one should be able to judge what your OC does, they don't know them, you created them, you can be the only one to decide how they would act. Yes, there can be debates over "this is OP or not" but that's usually just up to the DM, since they're the god of that RP.

Also, one other point, how, exactly, would these "counselors" be chosen? If its open, then you may get people who are hated by the community that try to join and just end up causing problems.

Corrupted Sniper

01-11-2013

Al-through I doubt if you can truly know a champion 100% by just reading the lores... Because there is numerous ways to interpret a character and if you were to take perspectives, history and personal opinion into account, things can get a bit... Messy. Not to mention the lores themselves gets changed quite often. But yes, it does mean paying full respect to the lore that has been written and staying true to what the lore have dictated. But the lore does not include everything that a champion does, for example. How a champion sleeps. Which means that as a role player we have would have to find something that would match the image given by the lore.

But yes, I know the topic I am touching is somewhat sensitive.

P.S: Sigh, I see the rage bar is fueling... Say, can this even be kept to being a peaceful discussion instead of another pointless rage trolling thread?

I'll try and assume the reason you are down voting this post is because I am disagreeing with your views and the fact that I continue to present my perspectives is a burden, but if that is such. Then you are simply trying to shut my mouth so you can just get what you want, which is unjust, unfair and a disgrace to your own personal character. Because you have sought dishonorable methods instead of peaceful intervention.

leirynot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

You obviously don't understand what I'm talking about.
I mean that the Council, if it was formed, would only be able to decide if a Champion would or would not do something.
They can't decide for ORIGINAL CHARACTERS, since they can't understand OCs because they didn't create them. You did.

Also, no, I'm just trying to clarify. I'm not raging, I just like things to be clear. The thing that annoys me more is the fact that I failed to express my thoughts accurately.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Tempest View Post
I noticed how all the people who voted no sound like they are from Noxus.
Except Viktor.
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Corrupted Sniper

01-11-2013

I didn't even present any points on your views of original characters, I was simply talking about Champions, so how can you assume what I am talking about when I am not even talking about what you think I am talking about? Never suggested you were incorrect, but if you believe monitors set up for only a certain group of people is correct, then you are simply placing more burdens on Role players shoulders.

P.S: If you are not raging, then we have a lurker causing problems.

leirynot

01-11-2013

I think it should only be necessary for Champions, since the council would be to decide if they are acting withing their lore. In order to RP a champion, you are responsible for being true to their lore, that is what the council would do, make sure characters are true to their lore. Thus, Champions would be the only ones who this would really be able to apply to. That was entirely my point. So yes, I am suggesting segregation, but I do not see a problem with that, since it's just segregating into groups of people who have chosen to have more RP responsibility than others.

Quote:
I noticed how all the people who voted no sound like they are from Noxus.
Except Viktor.
I am INSULTED, good sir, that one would believe I am from Noxus, the same city state that sent assassins who brutally murdered my wife!
-Brutti Cornelius Braythwayt III, Esquire

Corrupted Sniper

01-11-2013

I'll just wait for the finishing results. Through I can already see how this will end. But Ergheis, all that really matter is the number and figures. So if a rage war occurs once more, get the guys causing problems out of here, or just plainly ignore it.

Ask Tyrant Swain

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by leirynot View Post
I mean that the Council, if it was formed, would only be able to decide if a Champion would or would not do something.
O hell NO!
Despite the outcome, there ain't no council that gonna tell me what to do.

Corrupted Sniper

01-11-2013

Freedom? What happened to the concept of freedom? If you have been reading the original thread that Ergheis made earlier, he had suggested nothing of the sort. He simply was suggesting for an anonymous party to solve indisputable arguments. If they could just decide wheither a Champion would or would not do something. Then we don't even have to bother Role Playing.

leirynot

01-11-2013

I was trying to just state it quickly, they obviously wouldn't decide that, like what Ergheis said. They would advise saying something like "This Champion probably wouldn't do that, and we suggest you don't have them do so." They would say what they think is the best thing to have the Champion do in the situation that is being disputed (since that is what the disputes would be over, situations like Tryn x Sej relationship). I didn't actually mean that they would decide, and I am against the council even forming. I just meant that, if it did form, I don't think they would really be able to make any suggestions for OCs, since they wouldn't really be able to know the character.

Obviously I was oversimplifying things in my explanation, making it difficult to understand. I also am probably not making much sense since I'm tired and its past 3am.