Would you allow a Council to mediate these forums?

I approve this system. 10 34.48%
I approve, however I have slight changes that I'd like to discuss 2 6.90%
I do not approve, however with some changes I would change my mind. 3 10.34%
I do not approve. 14 48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

[IMPORTANT POLL] Council Initiative Voting.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ergheis

01-11-2013

EDIT: If you vote, PLEASE respond with a vote as to your opinion!

Hey! A while back I made this thread, and I hope people have seen it. Please read through it if you have not done so: people made valid arguments, and I addressed them as best as I could, and I believe we covered most points. If there are any questions still, please ask them in this thread.

I understand this would be a definite change in how we do things, regardless of how stressed the "stay non-biased and non-demanding" policy is in this system. In order for this to work, though, we would need a very good amount of people to respect and listen to the council, whenever they intervene.

Council members are not defined yet, however there isn't any "appointing" members (maybe for the initial start, so people can see how it works. My intention is to keep it open), there is only people willing to be completely unbiased and unemotional.

This is a poll to determine whether the Community will let this go forward. Naturally, this wouldn't be the only poll, as polling would still be used in any community-wide effect.

If you vote for anything but the first option, please post and discuss why. Hopefully we can sort things out in a way that everyone is happy with.

Lord of Apoc

01-11-2013

I don't like this cause you go right back to the main problem of popularity contest.

Edit: I am to lazy to read.

Ergheis

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Apoc View Post
I don't like this cause you go right back to the main problem of popularity contest.

Edit: I am to lazy to read.
There is no "voting" for Council members, nor is there a state of "authority." Council members do not have power, they simply mediate arguments in order to speed up the process.

The only authority in this system is the fact that if you refuse mediation in your argument, you're pretty much admitting that this argument isn't all that big of a deal to you. That's about it. Council Members do not instate rules or make decisions. They help the arguing parties make their decisions.

A popularity contest is currently going on as we speak, detached from council members, whether there's authority or not. If people don't like you, there's a reason they don't like you, and they will agree with others on arguments against you if they don't like you. If a group of people like you, they will agree with you on arguments against you.

That popularity contest is always going to be there, because you can't force people to not do that, unless you mediate an argument. The intention of the council is to remove emotion and popularity in an argument, and keep the argument on the problems that need to be focused on.

Lord of Apoc

01-11-2013

I know cause I skimmed through the thread after I posted that

Ergheis

01-11-2013

Quote:
I know cause I skimmed through the thread after I posted that
Oh.

....well then.

Ergheis

01-11-2013

If you vote no, please bump and explain why, in case there are any misunderstandings as to what this Council would do.

Ergheis

01-11-2013

Or downvote it and don't say a word, apparently.

If you vote on any of the three options, please explain why you believe so, so we can see why. Need to make sure any misunderstandings are cleared up.

Ergheis

01-11-2013

So... we just gonna keep downvoting and not say anything?

Lord of Apoc

01-11-2013

I said what I already said.

Ergheis

01-11-2013

Quote:
I said what I already said.
I know, and thank you.

A little disappointed at others, that's all.