92% accuracy by only voting punish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fudouri

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy In Mexico View Post
Oh and to the guy with tons of cases, in 14k cases 80 something percent is still a lot. Plus you prob didn't even spam punish, prob got your pardoned cases wrong.
1) its programmatic reading of all cases, not just mine (don't have time for that many cases!)

2) 80% is a lot why? A stat like that means nothing without context.

For example, 40% batting average is amazing. 40% shooting average is horrible. CONTEXT!

A Guy In Mexico

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
Okay, Mexico I'm probably giving you to hard a time.

Look, I think it's great that you're doing Tribunal. I also think it's great that (despite a lack of success) you're making efforts to improve your behaviour. The fact that you're doing Tribunal is great because it will give you a chance to see, first hand, how people are voting so you can avoid doing those things in the future.

All I ask is that you hold off on trying to give "expert opinion" after only 1/2 days of using it. Give it time so that you have an opportunity to build a more valid opinion.
My point is this is a video game and judges need to lighten up, not just my case, a lot, mine is just a good example. Calling a teammate bad or dumb in a video game doesn't really constitute a ban. Which is why it's all opinionated in the trib, hence why you may punish something someone else may pardon, and the pardon may win, you just don't know because everyone judges differently and that makes for huge flaws which is by other players shouldn't judge.

Example: let's say you and I are playing a game with 3 teammates. You think calling someone bad is reportable, I don't, a teammate calls you or I bad, you choose to vote to punish while I vote to pardon, that last teammate will be the deciding factor, does he have my standards or yours? Will he choose to ban someone for what I think is utterly stupid or what you think is offensive or reportable?

Whatever majority is voting in cases at the time, will decide, it really has nothing to do with whether or not the case was offensive, in other words, if m case goes through at midnight and that's when the people who pardon cases more are on, I will be majority pardoned most likely.

I've seen many examples of this like someone cursing his teammates out all game / yelling at them all game, gets a pardon. Now I did nothing close to that and got a punish. All I'm saying the trib needs to be fair in every area and its no where close. If you want to ban me for calling a teammate bad, then the punish rate should be at 95% or ^ rate because every case I have seen in trib "could" be punished by these standards. That is the problem. We're all playin the same video game and since we can all judge, we all have a different view of what may be acceptable if I was in the particular game.

Best example I can give is reading posts in this tribunal thread - some day "why was this guy pardoned", then has an awful case, or vise versa - "why was this guy punished" then has a very innocent case.

PenguinKillBear

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy In Mexico View Post
My point is this is a video game and judges need to lighten up, not just my case, a lot, mine is just a good example. Calling a teammate bad or dumb in a video game doesn't really constitute a ban. Which is why it's all opinionated in the trib, hence why you may punish something someone else may pardon, and the pardon may win, you just don't know because everyone judges differently and that makes for huge flaws which is by other players shouldn't judge.

Example: let's say you and I are playing a game with 3 teammates. You think calling someone bad is reportable, I don't, a teammate calls you or I bad, you choose to vote to punish while I vote to pardon, that last teammate will be the deciding factor, does he have my standards or yours? Will he choose to ban someone for what I think is utterly stupid or what you think is offensive or reportable?

Whatever majority is voting in cases at the time, will decide, it really has nothing to do with whether or not the case was offensive, in other words, if m case goes through at midnight and that's when the people who pardon cases more are on, I will be majority pardoned most likely.

I've seen many examples of this like someone cursing his teammates out all game / yelling at them all game, gets a pardon. Now I did nothing close to that and got a punish. All I'm saying the trib needs to be fair in every area and its no where close. If you want to ban me for calling a teammate bad, then the punish rate should be at 95% or ^ rate because every case I have seen in trib "could" be punished by these standards. That is the problem. We're all playin the same video game and since we can all judge, we all have a different view of what may be acceptable if I was in the particular game.

Best example I can give is reading posts in this tribunal thread - some day "why was this guy pardoned", then has an awful case, or vise versa - "why was this guy punished" then has a very innocent case.
Just sayin, Riot thinks that calling someone bad or insulting them on their game is bannable.

A Guy In Mexico

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinKillBear View Post
Just sayin, Riot thinks that calling someone bad or insulting them on their game is bannable.
Riot does because the community does. If I was never punished by the community for calling someone bad, it would never go to riot who would say "oh the community finds it offensive to call a player bad, BAN"

I am sorry but still to this day I will say, it's one of the most retarded things to be banned for. Competitive environment, VIDEO GAME, calling someone bad is not offensive at all, I don't see how anyone could find being called bad offensive.
There are way worse things to be worrying about than calling someone bad. But that doesn't really matter, the point is, the tribunal is never judged accurately 100% of the time nor is it fair when someone gets pardoned for doing worse when someone gets punished for doing petty things.