92% accuracy by only voting punish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Guy In Mexico

Senior Member

01-13-2013

I thought after running my experiment I would share my results.

I went through 20 cases today without even reading a single thing in the cases and insta hit punish when the timer allowed for it.
However - I did hit pardon on ONE case.

My accuracy would of been 100% had I not hit that pardon button. Every case I punished, was punished, every case I pardoned, was also punished.

Edit: actually I missed one. One case I hit punish on was pardoned, but I went back to review the case (since I didn't before, and it should of been punished for games 1 and 3 according to the typical judges).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6131605/#nogo

^ that's the ONE case that got pardoned out of the 20 I did yesterday, and the 22 total I did.

So basically, 21 punished 1 pardoned, the one pardoned was worse then some of the ones punished. I am willing to bet I could go spam punish for the next 2-3 days and have VERY high accuracy in the tribunal. The system IS highly flawed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fudouri

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Why would you use such tiny sample sizes when you can literally pull the data and get a real sample.

I've done 14k, gnrfrf (will never know how to spell his name) has done 20k cases.

Found punish rates to be around 80% (granted mine is from about a month ago).

Why would you trust your own small 20 case sample over 34,000 case sample? I'm so confused on people's usage of anecdotal evidence...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Getsuei

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy In Mexico View Post
I thought after running my experiment I would share my results.

I went through 20 cases today without even reading a single thing in the cases and insta hit punish when the timer allowed for it.
However - I did hit pardon on ONE case.

My accuracy would of been 100% had I not hit that pardon button. Every case I punished, was punished, every case I pardoned, was also punished.

Edit: actually I missed one. One case I hit punish on was pardoned, but I went back to review the case (since I didn't before, and it should of been punished for games 1 and 3 according to the typical judges).

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6131605/#nogo

^ that's the ONE case that got pardoned out of the 20 I did yesterday, and the 22 total I did.

So basically, 21 punished 1 pardoned, the one pardoned was worse then some of the ones punished. I am willing to bet I could go spam punish for the next 2-3 days and have VERY high accuracy in the tribunal. The system IS highly flawed.
Or you know, they could have been valid punishs and the Tribunal system did a good job of putting those cases up for judgement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Guy In Mexico

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Nah as I said I went back and reviews some and not all were punish worthy, some did nothing at all. Heck, one even apologized to hi teammates for messing up, still got banned.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Guy In Mexico

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Oh and to the guy with tons of cases, in 14k cases 80 something percent is still a lot. Plus you prob didn't even spam punish, prob got your pardoned cases wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xianio

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Mexico, you've been permabanned once and your next account is on a 7 or 14 (I forget) day ban again. Your opinion on what constitutes a valid ban isn't credible.

Quote:
your opinion isn't anymore credible than mine, nobodies is. That's why hey are called opinions.
Do you think I have an equally valid opinion on open heart surgery as a surgeon with 25 years of experience? Or that my opinion on engineering buildings is equal to a PhD Structural Engineer?

Not every opinion is equal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Guy In Mexico

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Lol this guy^ your opinion isn't anymore credible than mine, nobodies is. That's why hey are called opinions. I was banned for calling people bad, big whoop. A lot of people woul agree with me, a lot would disagree. You don't get to decide your opinion is correct either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy In Mexico View Post
Oh and to the guy with tons of cases, in 14k cases 80 something percent is still a lot. Plus you prob didn't even spam punish, prob got your pardoned cases wrong.
but why exactly is 80% considered 'a lot' in a system where the people that show up are more likely to be guilty than innocent. How do you come to that conclusion.

And the 14k cases were not voted by himself. The 80% punishrate and 20% pardon rate was the result of all those 14k cases, no misjudgments of those who did the statistical analyses.

You may want to learn a bit about statistics.

Quote:
You don't get to decide your opinion is correct either.
No, we don't. But in the same argument, you can not conclude people punish too often or cases were punished falsely according to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xianio

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Okay, Mexico I'm probably giving you to hard a time.

Look, I think it's great that you're doing Tribunal. I also think it's great that (despite a lack of success) you're making efforts to improve your behaviour. The fact that you're doing Tribunal is great because it will give you a chance to see, first hand, how people are voting so you can avoid doing those things in the future.

All I ask is that you hold off on trying to give "expert opinion" after only 1/2 days of using it. Give it time so that you have an opportunity to build a more valid opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VietnamGuerrilla

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
I am not a scumbag so I of course don't just click punish, but I went through my last 100 cases, did the math, and had I done nothing but punish, I'd have 92% accuracy. Based on my review of the cases I pardon that are punished, it is clear that a large number of people are using the spam punish tactic for improved accuracy and rating. I'll keep taking the accuracy hits and keep doing the right thing, but this concerns me greatly. What is also concerning are the more recent comments by Wookie, regarding a few cases in which the cases presented to the tribunal did not warrant punishment. Wookie often researches the punished player and finds games which are not in the tribunal that would warrant a punishment in order to justify the failure of the tribunal system. The Tribunal is suppose to vote based on the evidence presented to them and finding games outside of the tribunal's level of access to justify why a player was incorrectly punished is not really a valid argument in my opinion. The problem here seems to be tribunal members spamming punish.
^