92% accuracy by only voting punish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jasiwel

01-13-2013

I have a 96% and I have pardoned few individuals. People who end up in the Tribunal are often there for valid reasons, however, I'm still holding strong to the idea that the report button is abused. Often there is always one report out of 5 in a case where someone was reported for intentional feeding when they did not. Because players are angry and unreasonable when they lose or play bad, a lot report others for "Intentional Feeding" as a result. That inflates the chances of that person going to the Tribunal by quite a lot. A lot of individuals deserve a review at the Tribunal, of course, but I think a lot of individuals go there sooner for non-legitimate reports.

Gomethegnome

01-13-2013

No the tribunal is broken Yes "broken" i bet its filled with botters spamming punish my first tribunal ban was fair and square had a bad night and a bad day overall but since i got banned by the tribunal my next one only took 2 reports from 1 game not breaking any of the summoner code rules i was still banned i found it unbelievable and said "oh well theres nothing i can do against it afterall riot is too lazy to sort through bans themself" its a pain in the *** and should be fixed right now!

Shelzin

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykerr View Post
It was extremely bad luck. I seriously stared at the monitor for five minutes and shook my head, because there was only one report that made sense. The rest was just ...wrong.

I ended up pardoning but I'm sure it'll get punished. I stand by my convictions. If he had been an ignorant racist, I probably would have leaned more towards punishment, but honestly, it looked like one bad game threw him over the edge and he let himself go a little bit. It happens.
Without looking at the case myself there isn't much I can say on it.

However good on you for going on your own personal judgement over what you think the masses will do. I don't know if I would agree with you or not on that case, but I can respect how you came to the decision. Good on ya.

Fudouri

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
that just means that you punish too much, if you get the same accuracy as this guy, you are spamming punish
I don't think you understand how statistics works...

Gudge

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
Perhaps Riot could implement a system in which they automatically generate pardon cases into the system to decrease that percentage.
I actually thought Riot did this... did I read it somewhere?

Getsuei

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
I actually thought Riot did this... did I read it somewhere?
[NEW] How can I be sure that other players arenít abusing the system by spamming punish votes?
The Tribunal System has become increasingly and progressively more accurate in determining who is truly voting and who is spamming or farming IP. In the Tribunal, we intentionally have many cases that should be pardoned which forces players to judge each case carefully to maintain a high accuracy.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411284

Gudge

01-13-2013

Thanks Getsuei, I thought I remembered reading it somewhere.

Asukie

01-13-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2990272
check this out fight for whats right because this decision was wrongful

Getsuei

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asukie View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2990272
check this out fight for whats right because this decision was wrongful
According to Riot, the overall deciscion is right. So umm, repeatedly posting on thier forums with your posts Asukie is not going change that deciscion when the lead player support posted that it was going to stand. Take them to court if you like, because only a legal juristiction is going to change thier mind.

Also, this thread is not about you, so please keep the posts related to your ban on your thread so they can become nice and consolidated =)

170 Calories

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
I am not a scumbag so I of course don't just click punish, but I went through my last 100 cases, did the math, and had I done nothing but punish, I'd have 92% accuracy. Based on my review of the cases I pardon that are punished, it is clear that a large number of people are using the spam punish tactic for improved accuracy and rating. I'll keep taking the accuracy hits and keep doing the right thing, but this concerns me greatly. What is also concerning are the more recent comments by Wookie, regarding a few cases in which the cases presented to the tribunal did not warrant punishment. Wookie often researches the punished player and finds games which are not in the tribunal that would warrant a punishment in order to justify the failure of the tribunal system. The Tribunal is suppose to vote based on the evidence presented to them and finding games outside of the tribunal's level of access to justify why a player was incorrectly punished is not really a valid argument in my opinion. The problem here seems to be tribunal members spamming punish.
I dont want to call you a lair but I call bs.. Link your page and let us see. Cuz I have 4 pardons or skips per page and im right there with you in percentage.http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun...tice-review/1/