92% accuracy by only voting punish

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
It isn't about the rating. Rating means nothing to me. What concerns me is that it encourages lazy voting. Most of the regulars on this forum can testify to the horror story that is the EU tribunal. Could this be why?
I've not heard of this..............


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamspitter View Post
I've not heard of this..............
I have. You would have to pay me to play on EUW servers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shelzin

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
I am not a scumbag so I of course don't just click punish, but I went through my last 100 cases, did the math, and had I done nothing but punish, I'd have 92% accuracy. Based on my review of the cases I pardon that are punished, it is clear that a large number of people are using the spam punish tactic for improved accuracy and rating. I'll keep taking the accuracy hits and keep doing the right thing, but this concerns me greatly. What is also concerning are the more recent comments by Wookie, regarding a few cases in which the cases presented to the tribunal did not warrant punishment. Wookie often researches the punished player and finds games which are not in the tribunal that would warrant a punishment in order to justify the failure of the tribunal system. The Tribunal is suppose to vote based on the evidence presented to them and finding games outside of the tribunal's level of access to justify why a player was incorrectly punished is not really a valid argument in my opinion. The problem here seems to be tribunal members spamming punish.
I just did all of mine...

78.7% rate if all I did was punish every case. 973 cases total.

Edit: I love excel.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Guy In Mexico

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
I just did all of mine...

78.7% rate if all I did was punish every case. 973 cases total.

Edit: I love excel.
That's still a LOT of cases and a high number for 973 cases. Spamming punish is true.

Unfortunately @OP it doesn't matter what you say, people will never agree with you, these tribunal lovers are obsessed with voting to punish and watching people get banned. It's ridiculous. I will try the trib out for a few days and spam punish just to see my accuracy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R4P1DZz

Member

01-13-2013

The tribunal is a bad idea for this reason exactly, its not fair for other players to have the say over fellow players its that simple in a game they both play. If you come across someone you dont like i garantee you your more likely to punish them just because you dont like that its just how people are. Its an unfair judgement system and it never will be fair. Its just an excuse for riot to do nothing about since they dont need to.

And all of that and more is exactly why i dont touch the tribunal cases and yes i can and have the option but i dont.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobMascot

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Until they fix that punish rate, there's really no need to be a genuine toxic player to be banned anymore. Just as long as you're reported -.-
Gonna be hard winning every game though to keep them all happy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SchierkeWiking

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy In Mexico View Post
That's still a LOT of cases and a high number for 973 cases. Spamming punish is true.

Unfortunately @OP it doesn't matter what you say, people will never agree with you, these tribunal lovers are obsessed with voting to punish and watching people get banned. It's ridiculous. I will try the trib out for a few days and spam punish just to see my accuracy.
You do understand that people who get into the Tribunal are not random players?, they are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to being reported. While some of them will indeed be the result of false reports, most of them will be just trolls, ragers and d-ouches. It's extremely stupid to think that something like a 80% punish rate means that there's "insta punish".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimKelley

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy In Mexico View Post
That's still a LOT of cases and a high number for 973 cases. Spamming punish is true.

Or that the Algorithm that gets you into the Tribunal is 78.7% accurate. I guess it just depends on your interpretation.

Also, lol at spamming punish yourself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Guy In Mexico

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Only spamming punish because of tards on here that do the same to me over merely calling another player "bad". That's not even offensive nor should it be bannable. If you can't handle being call bad in an online competitive video game, don't play. It happens in every online game and almost every competitive sport. It's life. People can't come on here expecting fantasy land in order to escape reality.

So yes, I am voting insta punish currently to see the results, last time I tried this same thing I got 100% accuracy doing it, without even reading the cases.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1e85f5cbcdc5184a50591

Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooomba View Post
Why does this argument always seem to pop up? Yet again, let me explain why this reasoning is faulty. You are concluding that the Tribunal is full of a "large number of people are using the spam punish tactic for improved accuracy and rating." In concluding this, you have already disregarded a much more likely conclusion: that most people who enter the Tribunal merit punishment. The Tribunal cases are not an assortment of random people in random situations. Rather, they are players who have been reported above the threshold needed to enter the system to begin with. It would be extremely faulty to assume that these players are simply a random collection and would show an average punishment level when the method used to get this sample is hardly random at all. As such, simply concluding that X% of players are punished, thus the system is broken is completely devoid of any analysis: it's simply your presumption.
It's interesting how you and the other random assortment of human garbage playing apologist use this same exact argument no matter what punishment rate is being cited as problematic, as if the "real" punishment rate is conveniently flexible enough to accommodate to fit any conceivable outcome by the Tribunal.

What evidence do you have that 92% of players SHOULD be punished by the Tribunal? Hell, what evidence do you have that even the majority of players in the Tribunal deserve to be there? Apologists such as yourself tend to fall back on arguments from authority ("Riot says they deserve to be there, therefore it is true") or circular reasoning ("They deserve to be punished by the Tribunal because the Tribunal voted to punish them"). If you've ever considered either of these responses I sincerely urge you to kill yourself in real life immediately--society will be better off without your defective genes.