92% accuracy by only voting punish

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinKillBear

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
It isn't about the rating. Rating means nothing to me. What concerns me is that it encourages lazy voting. Most of the regulars on this forum can testify to the horror story that is the EU tribunal. Could this be why?
Honestly...I dont know. I havent looked over their issues much as I view it as not my concern. They have a different community with different standards I try to stay out of it.

As far as I can tell in this community I have a pretty high accuracy with the way others vote. I punish and pardon when appropriate to me. I see so few cases where someone is punished that I dont think deserved it, and to me that tells me the system is working.

Sure there are going to be trolls and things, but I think their effect on the tribunal has been vastly overestimated.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

I would have to agree with Magooomba. Most people who end up in Tribunal deserves to be there, because of the number and % of reports. Most people who go in there break the rules so they get punish, I have a 95.5% accuracy rating with 89 cases done and being correct 85 times. I have 9 pardons which are the agreements are Overwhelming Majority, because guess what? They was the minority of the people who go in Tribunal who don't deserve to be there. Your title is grossly misleading and wrong.

alexthedragn

01-11-2013

ugh the usual guys i see posting on this are so pompous. the system is flawed from the get go. im sorry but i really doubt that 40% of the tribunal actually read the cases they get presented. i dont have the notes but im sure i can find it eventually. garenteed most are just trolls that want high acc rating. just get a mod in to do all of them. cause seriously half of them are nothing. i have played well over 3k games and i havent been in more then 20 where there isnt a troll. but the trolls dont need to get perma banned. specially when you get duo ques that report you at the same time. and you go straight to the tribunal. erase the damn tribunal and make it employee and not community.

PenguinKillBear

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthedragn View Post
ugh the usual guys i see posting on this are so pompous. the system is flawed from the get go. im sorry but i really doubt that 40% of the tribunal actually read the cases they get presented. i dont have the notes but im sure i can find it eventually. garenteed most are just trolls that want high acc rating. just get a mod in to do all of them. cause seriously half of them are nothing. i have played well over 3k games and i havent been in more then 20 where there isnt a troll. but the trolls dont need to get perma banned. specially when you get duo ques that report you at the same time. and you go straight to the tribunal. erase the damn tribunal and make it employee and not community.
This tells me you have no idea how the tribunal works.

"specially when you get duo ques that report you at the same time. and you go straight to the tribunal."

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
If Riot did Tribunal, community would still b*tch.

"Riot, being too strict"
"Riot, you can't sympathize with what I went though in the game"

LargeSnorlax

01-11-2013

Your sample size is too small - I'm currently at 78% punish, 21% pardon, somewhere below 1% skip.

PenguinKillBear

01-11-2013

Quote:
also, I thought I was being extremely cordial and polite in my discussion.

VietnamGuerrilla

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
I am not a scumbag so I of course don't just click punish, but I went through my last 100 cases, did the math, and had I done nothing but punish, I'd have 92% accuracy. Based on my review of the cases I pardon that are punished, it is clear that a large number of people are using the spam punish tactic for improved accuracy and rating. I'll keep taking the accuracy hits and keep doing the right thing, but this concerns me greatly. What is also concerning are the more recent comments by Wookie, regarding a few cases in which the cases presented to the tribunal did not warrant punishment. Wookie often researches the punished player and finds games which are not in the tribunal that would warrant a punishment in order to justify the failure of the tribunal system. The Tribunal is suppose to vote based on the evidence presented to them and finding games outside of the tribunal's level of access to justify why a player was incorrectly punished is not really a valid argument in my opinion. The problem here seems to be tribunal members spamming punish.
^

Doct0r Phil

01-12-2013

Why are people so shocked that there is such a high punish rate? People in the Tribunal are most likely going to be guilty. They get reported by a TON of people. That's how I know the Tribunal is working. most of the people I run across in there honestly deserve to be punished.

KimKelley

01-12-2013

Hey Gimpy,

heres the link to gnfnrf's analysis

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ghlight=gnfnrf

My last 100 games sit at a 85% punish rate.

1234567 ... 8