Play poorly get banned.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chrony

Senior Member

01-13-2013

This is disappointing....he should not have been banned based on those games


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunFool24567

Senior Member

01-13-2013

response plz riot?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chrony

Senior Member

01-13-2013

100 pages of responses and no red...kinda sad dont you think


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shut It Donny

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrony View Post
100 pages of responses and no red...kinda sad dont you think
Yes. Someone needs to come in here and show the EXACT reason this guy was banned. Let's end it now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anemonet

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarvalOfDeath View Post
Ok this thread exploded, last time i checked it had 30 pages, i really try to read as much as i could and here i go again.


People that defend the OP shield him with two main things.

A) You cant be banned for being bad at the game. Yes, i totally agree with this i would never punish someone for doing wrong on a game. Yes i would remove the "Unskilled Player" report option as well. Yes we all have really bad games, even a row of bad games. Im not a pro im reeeally far from it, i have some terrible games too so no way i would punish anyone for doing badly.

B) The OP can communicate with pings, the chat is not necessary nor you must use it. This is totally a matter of opinion and subject to a deeper analysis. Some people like me consider the chat crucial (specially in solo Queue) while other say you cant go without using it. Its ok i wont argue with that because its their opinion.

Now back to the case itself.
The OP himself says he intentionally ignored everyone at the start of the game because the rest of his team was fighting in champion select:



Now here we have no evidence of this that he claims. May be they did raged may be they didnt. Looking at what we do have, the game's chat log we can see no rage between his teammates in the beggining of the game so what happened? Werent they fighting? Yet you see no rage in the start of any of the games that we have acces to (Only that Leona on game one). Now they still might have been fighting over the roles, it happens (specially on Ranked) but when the game started they left that behind and started to play. Cant we agree that plain right ignoring everyone since minute one is a sign of something? Cant we agree that what he did here was at least somewhat wrong? Because if his teammates really did raged so bad why ther wasnt any traces of rage at the chat? Unless and im gonna throw this here based on what Karthus says in game 4 (i think) that the rage was from some players at him because of the roles. So he got into a fight over the roles and decided to mute everyone? And apparently at some point he coulndt handle it and randomed? This i tell based on what appears on game four.



A little bit after the same Karthus accuses him of AFK, that makes me think he might have gotten lag so may be it wasnt an intentional random... but why cant he say so? Why cant he explain the situation? Or if he was going for a "Kill lane" why couldnt he explain that to his team? See this is something you cant communicate with pings. And yes you can do this weird team comps, you cant be reported or banned for not folowwing the META however you must communicate to the team and explaining your strategies or ideas, this is part of the MUST happen communication, this is not something you can dismiss or not mention to the rest of the team because after all this is still a Team game. Although you can use only pings for a lot of stuff like "Targer this" or "Do dragon" you cant use with pings for some stuff that is as important for the team and for the game.

We also have this as evidence (remember everything you say can and will be used against you)



He doesnt seem appear to be an open minded guy doesnt he? Of course he can mute, that is why this function exist but ignoring your team? 90% of the teammates you've had? That makes me think that you are not even trying or you get offended way to easy. Again remember this is still a team game. If you dont like what other people say just stick to playing with friends or something but well... muting everyone... as stated above even if you use pings (unfortunately we dont have any proof of this so it cant be taken into account), some stuff as you trying this strategies must be informed to the rest of your team.

Continueing further, you can not be banned for having bad games but you can be banned for not comunicating with the team. With the evidence provided to me i can see you are guilty of this. Because if someone harasses you constantly you can mute him. But you shouldnt ignore or mute all of your teammates since mintue one because well... i dont see them harassing since the begining. Lets take a look:



That is for game one. I think he clearly refused to communicate with his team, seems like muted them for being childish or whatever yet you can hardly see that on the chat.
The score is really bad but again, it happens. That plus decen build and CS makes me think he wasnt trolling here.

On game 2 i cant find evidence of raging or harassin either, so why ignore everyone? Or perhaps he was intentionally ignoring them because, as its seem from what he has posted, he doesnt give a f"ck about what the rest of the team has to tell? Note there is no rage in the begining even tho apparently they had a weird comp because of someone who got laggy (whom also apologized for it)



I dont see anyone actually harassing you so again ignoring your team seems unjustified and so again you seem guilty of refusing to communicate with the team. Score seems normal for a defeat against a fed Yi lol, also decent CS and build is ok for me.

Game three is Dominion apparently. A loss in 15 minutes.



I dont play dominion so much but 10 deaths in 15 minutes seems like a lot. Although you got an apparently troll team who fed a lot so its plausible that you would have been killed so much even tho you tried. But again i dont see any direct harassment nor rage in the begining of the match so i dont understant why you mute or ignore your team. On this match however the general team communication was lacking at least for me.

Game 4 is the main reason i would have hit punish. You are mentioned since min 1 and not because they were congratulating you. As i have showed up before they accuse you of picking rando champion. That plus the feeding (7 deaths in 18 minutes) plus you ignoring your teams makes a pretty bad combo but lets see everything



You would random or got dced or for whatever reason, you had to go Rumble support. Your build went accordignly your CS are low but you went support plus a really short game plus a lot of deaths would explain that.

And finally game 5. Again no rage in the begining so i dont think there was a lot of rage at champions select. Anyway in all of the games this is the only time you actually communicated anything to your team.



A decent score considering you had a really bad game in your support, good Cs and build. Nothing wrong there but the fact tha,t again, except once in the begining of the game, you constantly ignored your team.

I dont know, after all its all a matter of opinions but given the seen i would have had punished you for REFUSING TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE TEAM. You have the right to be bad at this game or to have bad games and no one can report you for that. You also have 4 other guys that are stuck in the same game as you and because of that communication is needed. Even if you were pinging (which i cannot confirm or deny) that isnt enough for certain situations that i have brought up here. Given only the info from the report card i would have punished, Just try to work the feedback with your team and you wont be visiting the tribunals again that is for sure

Please bear in mind that many times the rest of his teammates directly talked to him withour raging and he still wouldnt answer.

Just wasted all that time, if the OP had muted his team, which he can, he wouldn't have heard them anyways, the mute implementation is there and available to use.

Pretty sure everyone here has read, some people obviously haven't.

We were safe to assume most of his games his teams raged from the champion select so he just muted them when he got into game, where the hell is a red?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArrinM

Member

01-13-2013

This is normals...A random pick would be just fine. I myself have run Rumble support, it's not a big deal at all.

He is not flaming or trolling in /all (although everyone else on his team is at times.)

Most of those games the WHOLE team did poorly, not just the reported person. Seems like people angry because he wasn't playing perfectly.

I really don't understand this ban?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anemonet

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrinM View Post
This is normals...A random pick would be just fine. I myself have run Rumble support, it's not a big deal at all.

He is not flaming or trolling in /all (although everyone else on his team is at times.)

Most of those games the WHOLE team did poorly, not just the reported person. Seems like people angry because he wasn't playing perfectly.

I really don't understand this ban?
most of us have come to the conclusion there's not enough supporting evidence shown to actually prove he did anything wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeekerScorpio

Senior Member

01-13-2013

bump for riot refusing to stop being lazy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shyplix

Senior Member

01-13-2013

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobMascot View Post
Sorry OP, I'm hijacking your thread.

Justify mine please:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5874821/

If I can get banned for communicating AND doing bad, I REALLY REALLY dont want to use use the chat anymore. This has happened to me MORE than once and this is what got me my '2 week banned'. So regardless of WHAT I say, i rather NOT use the chat under 'any circumstances' because 'anything' could be used against me.

e.g.
'We just lost a 5v4 with baron buff', "surrender", 'not doing well", "bg".
NEGATIVE ATTITUDE, could be used against that player even if he didnt mean it in a hostile manner. If this palyer won, he wouldnt have been reported, but if he did happen to lose, he would have been reported by 1 sore loser on his team.

You catch my drift?
Its better to NOT use the chat, which is what this guy did but STILL got banned. But then you can argue why not just call mia and etc, well its called, you're in a pretty foul mood and hate them if you dont get a role you want etc. Happens to me all the time and I just hold a grudge against them all game without saying anything but "I want to win too" so we agree to that extent only. You win your lane, I win mine.

http://www.legendsnet.com/stats/na/21651089/?r9 < match history before the ban, all positive KDA and pretty good scores overall. I don't ward often, accused of trolling all the time, went AP shaco, even went summoner spell ignite flash 10 games straight and oh, that ap graves is because our team had no ap and the last 2 pick went Zed and Lee.
Was I trolling? Who knows, you make the call, I don't do what you guys called 'interntional feeding' often from the looks of it though.

You can say that Account name isnt mine but it is. My main forum account was perma ban most likely because of this thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ht=therernoids, it was up for 12hours straight in the GD without the forum mods seeing it and me not having to personally bump it at all.

First forum ban and also my last.

Sure RIOT can use the excuse I was toxic in pre and post chat and I have even pasted 2 examples of what my prechat looks like on the last page whereas post chat, I'm never in it. I was chasing them up for it too and provided 'all I could' at my disposal. Prechats, post chats, 'replays', and 'everythin' I had'. I didn't hide a 'single thing', bumped for weeks but still get ignored, same goes for player support, been ignored for as long as I could remember. Won't even unforum ban me too.

My case and his case are similar in many ways so I'm chipping in my 2cents. I personally don't like using the chat too after the amount of BS i've been through over my 3000 games of 'solo queue'.

I just played 2 games on this account too(havnt played in 2-3 months on either account), stomped hard too, I wonder who got reported for 'interntional feeding' because I dont think any of them did, that yi was really terrible though.

All in all, the cases NEVER show the GOOD GAMES, ONLY the BAD.
So ALL tribunal cases are BIASED towards being a bad guy, he might have spoken in other games, this case could have been 4 out of like 50 games, WE DONT KNOW. So stop assuming this guy is a dick which he probably is.

Pardon this case and Punish something more worthy because the one the OP showed isn't.
Wookieecookie also consented that 'not typing' isn't a bannable offense.
I dont have a lot of time right now but ill look at that report card and stuff, not that i can do much but its always interesting to look at this stuff. Im not the #1RiotFanTheyAreAllMightyGodsNothingsWrongWithThis game, i understand the tribunal has limitations and so im not here to blindly defend the system. That is why i took so much time analyzing the OP's thread. Like i said earlier its a matter of opinions. I would have punished some, as we can see, wouldnt have. Of course you cant be forced to use the chat. I never said he was banned for not using the chat. What i said is that on all of the games the we can see here there was no "flaming since the begining" that could justfy him to just ignore the rest of the team. In fact several times teammates directly adress to him in a polite way and they still are ignored. Only then the flaming starts. Yes you can communicate a lot of stuff just by using the pings but some things cant and yet the OP still refuses to communicate with the rest of his teammates, that is why i would hit punish. Reading that wookie's quote only confirms my opinion:

Originally Posted by WookieeCookie
2) More importantly, if you really want to avoid further suspensions, stop chatting. I'll believe you when you said you didn't mean to tell that person to die in Pakistan. But the fact remains that you did say it, in addition to the other forms of verbal abuse you've gotten in trouble for. Your typing is getting you in trouble. So stop.

It's a common misconception that players will get banned for "no communication". However, this is not true. If you join a game, and use minimal forms of communication like MIAs, Jungle Timers, and Pings, you will not get dinged for "no communication". Teammates just want to see that you can respond and you're not a bot. Show a basic level of team work and an ability to cooperate and they will not be bothered.

The cool thing about this strategy is that if you're not always able to control yourself when you get angry, then you don't have to worry because... you're not typing! Your words can't be used against you later in the Tribunal.


See the highlated parts. I dont know really where this comes from but wookie was answering to a guy who apparently had trouble with his mouth. This isnt really the case. Plus read the rest of what is highlated:

" If you join a game, and use minimal forms of communication like MIAs, Jungle Timers, and Pings, you will not get dinged for "no communication"[/B]. [B]Teammates just want to see that you can respond and you're not a bot"

I think this is exactly the problem with the OP, he is actually acting pretty much like a bot based on the evidence we have. He hardly ever responds to his team. Again its my personal opinion. Im not the owner of the truth, all im saying is that this is not "OP tribunal GG riot you suck fail **** tribunal full of trolls", there are reasons to hit punish, at least to me and surely some other guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcopy View Post
It's not a contradiction. The rules say "try to communitcate", which doesn't equate to must communicate.

You don't have to talk, especially with teammates who are raging and flaming.

This is an example of why the LoL community is so toxic and is probably the worst community in any game and it wont get better if the players who deserve to be punished get away scott free and the ones who are innocent get banned.
This topic has probably reached a dead end because there seem to been no grays in this matter, however if you look at the report card you will see noone is raging since the begining of the game, in fact they start raging at the OP mostly because apparently he refuses to communicate and or to listen. Plus im pretty sure that as this is a team game, the "try to communicate" sentence means that you must use all the means at your disposal to try to communicate with your team, not that you dont have to do it if you dont want to. Anyway, again so people understand. Im not just saying "GG OP diserved the ban". I actually care for this system and all im trying to do is to show that this is no "proof that the tribunal is broken", that this is only a tricky case that can be either punished or pardoned according to your beliefs. Nothing wrong.

Again to the OP, i think that if you improve your feedback with the rest of the team you will not have any more issues like this. I tell that from my personal experience. I use the chat a lot (may be sometimes i can even be annoying) but im always trying to impact our team positively and unlike some guys here i have never been warned or anything.