Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

riot needs a ping filter for its match making system

yes 17 36.96%
no 29 63.04%
Voters 46 .

riot please filter high ping players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaxisoldnoobs

01-11-2013

players that are over 200 ping are clearly not from this country or need to fix there internet problems. i realize that this want stop people from playing game on lower then required system specs but at lest we want have none us players on us servers. please riot adjust the match making system to put others with high ping with other players with high pings

Heal n Peel

01-11-2013

East Coast -> West Coast
Packets can be lost during the MANY relays that are required to reach the LoL servers.

200+ Ping doesn't mean they are out of country. Nor does it necessarily mean they are having internet problems, some ISPs just aren't as good as other (and many locations only have access to the one ISP).

Matchmaking is meant to place players of similar skills levels against each other, ping has nothing to do with that.

C00LStoryJoe

01-11-2013

this post isn't ironic or anything

Quote:
jaxisoldnoobs:
players that are over 200 ping are clearly not from this country or need to fix there internet problems. i realize that this want stop people from playing game on lower then required system specs but at lest we want have none us players on us servers. please riot adjust the match making system to put others with high ping with other players with high pings

Do you have high ping?

netkitten

01-11-2013

ur so incredibly dumb
ping has nothing to do with your system specs

also if you are matched with them they are at least not worse than you

sdjaks

01-11-2013

people whine enough about matchmaking being what it is, and you want to make it HARDER to find an even match?

SculptorOvFlesh

01-11-2013

They should just add "Local" search, so i can atleast have a team who all have around 60-80 ping. Not a team like this 60(me)14,999,544,100

jaxisoldnoobs

01-11-2013

Quote:
netkitten:
ur so incredibly dumb
ping has nothing to do with your system specs

also if you are matched with them they are at least not worse than you

you miss understand i said nothing about ping being related to system specs.

would it not be a good idea that players that lag are reduced from your match's ?
heres comes more downvotes

TheDancingDead

01-11-2013

The OP is a shining example of why our public school system has failed.

Pitufito Dell

01-11-2013

Dude, if you want to play whit 20% the current community, go ahead.
Personally I'm not on USA, but I play whit 140-190 ping. Some friends on the south of my country, get 240 ping. But is still a playable game.

netkitten

01-11-2013

well, why do you care of their ping? lol has relatively good matchmaking, so everybody who is matched with you can be a good teammate, actually those who have high ping and are matched with you, could be better than you and they play at your level only because their ping is high, but it's their problem and not yours. if you hit high enough elo you will leave almost all of them behind anyway. i just don't see how they hinder you