3v3 draft should be single picks only.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mojoslinger

01-08-2013

If you are first pick in ranked 3's you get to take whatever champ you want first, and then second pick has to reveal two of their champs to you, and then first pick gets to double pick against you, countering your whole team. You do get one pick after but its hard to get a clear counter to two champs at once.

Solution: each team picks one champion at a time.

another note, I would LOVE to see 3v3 normal draft picks. Currently I have a team with all my friends on it and we don't worry about the elo or playing our best. but the constant singed/teemo/darius/chogath/jax/malph/yorick super god teams in blind pick make the meta very stale.

She

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

first pick would still be op.

Skystryke

01-09-2013

The way it is now Both teams select two counters, or at least have the option to. Team 1 picks one champ who is countered by one of team 2's picks then team 1 can pick two champs to counter two of team 2's picks and finally team two picks one to counter one of team ones picks resulting in both teams getting to counter pick twice.

Unless I'm missing something due to not really playing ranked it seems fair to me.

bierfaust

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoslinger View Post
If you are first pick in ranked 3's you get to take whatever champ you want first, and then second pick has to reveal two of their champs to you, and then first pick gets to double pick against you, countering your whole team. You do get one pick after but its hard to get a clear counter to two champs at once.

Solution: each team picks one champion at a time.

another note, I would LOVE to see 3v3 normal draft picks. Currently I have a team with all my friends on it and we don't worry about the elo or playing our best. but the constant singed/teemo/darius/chogath/jax/malph/yorick super god teams in blind pick make the meta very stale.
I do agree that this is an issue, especially since you cannot change your mind 1 final time before the game starts. Going 1 for 1 would be a lot more fair, but having said that people need to learn to not give away their entire strategy based on their first pick. First pick should always be a generally strong, non pigeon-holed choice, making it hard for the opposition to guess what type of team you are going to run with.

That's part of the strategy of the game, but given how imbalanced a lot of champions are, that doesn't always work out the way Riot intended it to.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

The issue is that there is an odd number of pairs on all maps.

First pick gets to pick first in the 1st and 3rd pairs, 2nd pick only picks first in the second pair. This makes things more uneven than if there was an even number of pairs. Even if you are of the camp who thinks counter-picking is stronger than first picking, it is uneven.

Pair 1: 1st Pick ---- 2nd Pick
Pair 2: 2nd Pick ---- 1st Pick
Pair 3: 1st Pick ---- 2nd Pick

Mojoslinger

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithZephyr View Post
The issue is that there is an odd number of pairs on all maps.

First pick gets to pick first in the 1st and 3rd pairs, 2nd pick only picks first in the second pair. This makes things more uneven than if there was an even number of pairs. Even if you are of the camp who thinks counter-picking is stronger than first picking, it is uneven.

Pair 1: 1st Pick ---- 2nd Pick
Pair 2: 2nd Pick ---- 1st Pick
Pair 3: 1st Pick ---- 2nd Pick
not sure i quite follow what you mean in your chart. though good responses everyone perhaps my solution isn't perfect, however I do feel as though I'm at a pretty major disadvantage when my team is second pick especially in 3's...

ZenithZephyr

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojoslinger View Post
not sure i quite follow what you mean in your chart. though good responses everyone perhaps my solution isn't perfect, however I do feel as though I'm at a pretty major disadvantage when my team is second pick especially in 3's...
Are you suggesting both team pick a champ (blind), then those two picks are revealed, and then 2nd pair picks, then the 3rd? If so, that would just be a race to see who can click fast enough. Right now, it's a standard snake pattern.

AB BA AB

The only caveat is when it's BB or AA, the client lets you both pick to save time.

The problem is there are two AB pairs and one BA pair. In 5v5 it's 3 AB pairs to 2 BA pairs.