Why is Master Yi Base Speed so low?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiser Celedorn

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
yi had what, 330 before season 3? I'm pretty sure that was the highest base move speed.

in season 3 every champion was given +25 to their base.

nothing has changed. back in season 2 lee sin had 325 and high mobility and yi only had 330.

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
Well, if you don't know yet, % mov increase is based on base mov spd. Therefore, Yi will gain more speed from items such as PD, or Zephyr etc. So something has changed, % mov spd items are more effective.

TehJackAttack

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Celedorn View Post
@ Letric

Seriosuly, do you even understand that you need to evaluate a champion as a whole rather than individual points.

Did you know Mater Yi's damage output is at least 5x if not more than Lee sin's?

Did you know Lee Sin is based exclusively on high mobility + good CC?

This is like saying

omg, Cait has 650 range, and master yi only has 125 range. Cait has a gap closer AND 650 AA RANGE???? Master yi should have at least 700 range to compensate.

Nice Analogy bro.
Riot pls, 700 range on master yi aa naow

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Highest base speed on game is too low :c

Brandi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

It's the highest in the game, I'm pretty sure. What more do you want? Calm down :S

sdjaks

01-11-2013

obvious troll

sciyth

01-11-2013

Quote:
Well, if you don't know yet, % mov increase is based on base mov spd. Therefore, Yi will gain more speed from items such as PD, or Zephyr etc. So something has changed, % mov spd items are more effective.
i was reffering to the base move speeds only not items wise. I am well aware how good % mv is now. I love my mv quints even more this season

Letric

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciyth View Post
i was reffering to the base move speeds only not items wise. I am well aware how good % mv is now. I love my mv quints even more this season
After 410 there's diminishing return.

Yi will get obliterad despite his R, and after that is dead, lee sin can trololo go anywhere.

Yi is squishiest as hell

Yi has mana problems

Yi doens't even do decent damage until late game.

Kuroneko321

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letric View Post
After 410 there's diminishing return.

Yi will get obliterad despite his R, and after that is dead, lee sin can trololo go anywhere.

Yi is squishiest as hell

Yi has mana problems

Yi doens't even do decent damage until late game.
Yi got highest base movement speed in the game (355 is the highest base movement speed among all champions), q is both gap closer and make him invulnerable, ult provide no slow & movement boost. I don't know why you are complaining about Yi's movement speed. All problem listed above can't be solved by movement boost. I don't even know why you brought them up. For me it seems that you are complaining because you can't play Yi properly.

ShacĂ´ Bot

01-11-2013

Quote:
@ Letric

Seriosuly, do you even understand that you need to evaluate a champion as a whole rather than individual points.

Did you know Mater Yi's damage output is at least 5x if not more than Lee sin's?

This is like saying

omg, Cait has 650 range, and master yi only has 125 range. Cait has a gap closer AND 650 AA RANGE???? Master yi should have at least 700 range to compensate.

Nice Analogy bro.

actually..that's a good point. Yi should have at least 1500 range on his gap closer to compensate for exhaust/cc/flash and all other dashes ranged champions have.

Whyumai

01-11-2013

Quote:
@ Letric

This is like saying

Nice Analogy bro.
If Master Yi had 700 range, I would be so happy.

This would finally be League of Master Yi.