Video replay for tribunals

Yes 13 72.22%
Maybe 2 11.11%
No 3 16.67%
Just wanted to see 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Video replay for reported games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankerInc

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitey Oosik View Post
20 min game minimum
X
5 game case max
=
100 min
X
20 cases
=
Nope!

So right now you just want report = Ban due to just click punish. for a 90% vote and ranking?

No you don't. Why would anyone want that. Just check the forums for your self at some of the case's people are posting. Heck i got 10 case's I can post that someone got reported for calling someone a noob. Yes the one thing that player said was noob. Got reported and punished.

Sometimes people make another account just to troll. Play it down in chat so that the chat log shows he wasn't trolling but the one he reported wasn't the troll but the one that got trolled. With video replay you can see it. With video replay no one has a place to hide anymore. It is all there for you to see.

Getsuel

" I would only include it in Intentional Feeding games, if I had to view it. This video would also need to be a portion of the game instead of a full game. Say, when you click report you select a time frame for the video to view."

This is one of thous thing that will cause a lot of " He got one why not me " issues. Video replay will stop a lot of report's even going in. Think about right now you say GG owned. you get reported. You say man please stop dying as you are feeding them... At the end of the game that player is reported for feeding. You get reported for anything and everything due to being banned for anything and everything. it is chaos theory in the tribunal

" Also understand, this would take a massive funding to include something like this. Realistically, I do not think it is possible unless this game was changed to Pay-2-Play service.. "

Star craft 2 is free to play. has video replay of your matches. It really isn't going to take much at all for this game to have replay. YOUTUBE is a free video site. Don't like youtube use another there is that many out there it is not funny.

As for the Pay 2 play this game was PAY 2 PLAY but started to bleed then once they became free to play they have top charts after charts for best free to play game. So there is more then enough money going into this company then you know.

I may self I have spent over $200 between me and my partner on skins.. Her for teemo but that is going off the point. If I have spent over $200 and we have 1 million players that is a fair bit of cash going into this company for a free to play game.

So asking for a FAIR tribunal for once instead of a new hero or some new champion and/or spot light about nothing but random stuff that week is a small ask.

It is time to make this tribunal fair. It is broken we all know it. Time to even it.

KineticSkink

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Meadows View Post
i hate the tribunal, but this idea would possibly fix it... there is so many things taken out of context

even if they don't want to watch the WHOLE video, riot can put markings in the track line that shows when **** is happening

a green line is a team kill

red team death

yellow tower

purple for massive amounts of text or spam?

rainbow for game changing moments?

this can be easily done
Video's would simply be too time consuming. However even in the absence of videos, in principal I think some sort of time line would be beneficial showing events for the accused game such as

Item bought
Period of inactivity (To show afk in middle of game and such)
Kills/deaths/assists

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

The question isn't would video replay make the Tribunal better, because in a vacuum, I don't see how you argue against it. The question is, is it actually worth implementing? Are the hurdles to pass to implement such a feature necessary for the Tribunal to function and, if it isn't, would adding it to the Tribunal outweigh the costs, in both development and in judging, of it? While I do understand the arguments that people make in favor of video replay, I just have difficulty seeing it as a necessary feature for making judgements. I figure it would help me in maybe 1 percent of cases to better make a decision, as a large majority of these cases are quite cut and dry. Now, would I like having it for that 1 percent? Sure, but I don't think its worth it in the long run.

Goth Skunk

01-12-2013

You'd never be able to implement it.

You're talking about hundreds, maybe even thousands of video replays of entire matches.Every day. Videos that each tribunal judge would have to download.

And then, after the judging was completed, you'd have to keep the video replays for the report cards so the punished player can see for themselves.

Who is going to be responsible for storing that much data? Riot?

Any sensible person will tell you it's beyond Riot's responsibility to dedicate money, power, and office space to the amount of hardware that would be necessary to store all that evidence. Anyone that thinks otherwise is too ignorant to know how the system works.

TankerInc

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
You'd never be able to implement it.

You're talking about hundreds, maybe even thousands of video replays of entire matches.Every day. Videos that each tribunal judge would have to download.

And then, after the judging was completed, you'd have to keep the video replays for the report cards so the punished player can see for themselves.

Who is going to be responsible for storing that much data? Riot?

Any sensible person will tell you it's beyond Riot's responsibility to dedicate money, power, and office space to the amount of hardware that would be necessary to store all that evidence. Anyone that thinks otherwise is too ignorant to know how the system works.
I am a server engineer. I know what a cool room rank is and so. The data base that is going to need is online already. Youtube gets over 100 Petabyte's a day. If you don't like youtube here is some MORE you may have never hear of till now

http://lifehacker.com/5343601/five-b...+sharing-sites

So ok. Lets just say for a point that allows us to think about things. Some youtube wantabe is up and going and able to handle this load.
What i keep hearing from everyone is the one fact of TIME. Time you spend watch this video time someone has to spend uploading this and that.
What about the time that players are wrongly banned for? Are you going to give them money for there time? Riot gets bucks of cash daily.. Do not joke your self to think that this is free to play bla bla bla. One of the TOP FREE TO PLAY. Top free to play for a long time from the sites I check out. Which means they have the money. They have the market playing there game.

So there for with this in mind. All they have to do is talk to one of them so that they can use them for the tribunal videos. Server's that we are talking about that are set up to transmit to another server is about 70k.. 1 million players if not more all buying riot points to buy skins. To buy the latest OP hero ( Some not all ) the money is there. Do not be closed minded to the point you will not look at other things.

People are being ban daily due to riot not doing there own work and handing it to us. But like sheep you blindly believe they wanted the player to have control. Well WE THE PLAYER need video replay. Not some lame chat box. The chat box does nothing but allow you to spam PUNISH button.
If you are worried about time on case's well why not offer RP instead of IP for case's??? See the option is there if you think

Goth Skunk

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerInc View Post
I am a server engineer. I know what a cool room rank is and so. The data base that is going to need is online already. Youtube gets over 100 Petabyte's a day. If you don't like youtube here is some MORE you may have never hear of till now

http://lifehacker.com/5343601/five-b...+sharing-sites

So ok. Lets just say for a point that allows us to think about things. Some youtube wantabe is up and going and able to handle this load.
What i keep hearing from everyone is the one fact of TIME. Time you spend watch this video time someone has to spend uploading this and that.
What about the time that players are wrongly banned for? Are you going to give them money for there time? Riot gets bucks of cash daily.. Do not joke your self to think that this is free to play bla bla bla. One of the TOP FREE TO PLAY. Top free to play for a long time from the sites I check out. Which means they have the money. They have the market playing there game.

So there for with this in mind. All they have to do is talk to one of them so that they can use them for the tribunal videos. Server's that we are talking about that are set up to transmit to another server is about 70k.. 1 million players if not more all buying riot points to buy skins. To buy the latest OP hero ( Some not all ) the money is there. Do not be closed minded to the point you will not look at other things.

People are being ban daily due to riot not doing there own work and handing it to us. But like sheep you blindly believe they wanted the player to have control. Well WE THE PLAYER need video replay. Not some lame chat box. The chat box does nothing but allow you to spam PUNISH button.
If you are worried about time on case's well why not offer RP instead of IP for case's??? See the option is there if you think
I'm a Network Operations Technician for one of Canada's two major telcos.

I spend all day telling engineers why it won't happen.

And now I'll tell you:

You are asking for video replays to be included with Tribunal cases. The intent is to provide helpful context the Tribunal judges can use to make better informed decisions. I'm not disputing that it would help. Certainly in cases where the accused is being reported for intentional feeding, especially.

In order to accommodate such a request, each and every game played would have to be recorded and stored somewhere on a high density storage device. If there are no reports made post game, then a game will be deleted from that very server. If there is even ONE report however, the game would have to be saved and entered into 'evidence.' Then, on the off-chance those reported players make it into the tribunal, those games would have to be made available to the judges reviewing their case. Each of those judges would then have to download each of the games

So, not only is there a need to store all these recorded games, now there has to be a means to deliver the content to Tribunal judges.

At present, Tribunal cases consist of text and a few small jpgs. Their filesize is miniscule, easily managed. What you're proposing would turn the average tribunal case file size into a comparatively astronomically size. From merely a few kilobytes into the multi-megabyte range. Per case. We're up to the six millionth case files.

I'm not saying that it can't be done. Certainly it can be done. But to what point and purpose? For the Tribunal? You're asking Riot to dedicate hardware, cooling systems, and power for it all just so we can have video replay to accompany our cases for better context, when in 90% of cases, a chat log is all we need?

No. Your request is unrealistic and demands too many resources for such a miniscule improvement.

TankerInc

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
I'm a Network Operations Technician for one of Canada's two major telcos.

I spend all day telling engineers why it won't happen.

And now I'll tell you:

You are asking for video replays to be included with Tribunal cases. The intent is to provide helpful context the Tribunal judges can use to make better informed decisions. I'm not disputing that it would help. Certainly in cases where the accused is being reported for intentional feeding, especially.

In order to accommodate such a request, each and every game played would have to be recorded and stored somewhere on a high density storage device. If there are no reports made post game, then a game will be deleted from that very server. If there is even ONE report however, the game would have to be saved and entered into 'evidence.' Then, on the off-chance those reported players make it into the tribunal, those games would have to be made available to the judges reviewing their case. Each of those judges would then have to download each of the games

So, not only is there a need to store all these recorded games, now there has to be a means to deliver the content to Tribunal judges.

At present, Tribunal cases consist of text and a few small jpgs. Their filesize is miniscule, easily managed. What you're proposing would turn the average tribunal case file size into a comparatively astronomically size. From merely a few kilobytes into the multi-megabyte range. Per case. We're up to the six millionth case files.

I'm not saying that it can't be done. Certainly it can be done. But to what point and purpose? For the Tribunal? You're asking Riot to dedicate hardware, cooling systems, and power for it all just so we can have video replay to accompany our cases for better context, when in 90% of cases, a chat log is all we need?

No. Your request is unrealistic and demands too many resources for such a miniscule improvement.

Ok. So we need to think about things right now with the tribunal system. Right now I am punishing every for the next week. Right or wrong after a week I will post with shots to show how wrong it is. What you are thinking of right now is how it is. People report for auto ban. Nothing else to do with it. They are mad at this play report so they get banned. They did get the hero they wanted and the player that had it sucks ( well to them anyway ) so they report them... It is just a very sad sad system right now.

Like calling someone a fing jerk is reported and banned.. I am sorry that is why you have a filter. But that doesn't matter. Someone is trolling a player by stealing the blue the red and so on. But the player doesn't bite and the troll reports the one he was trolling now the player that just had the worse game just got ban. This is not fair in anyway. Something needs to be done.

Things can be put in place to stop this. Video replay is one of them. You keep having this idea of video MUST BE BIG!! Sorry for a " Network Operations Technician " you should know it doesn't always have to be big. If your talking about storage. Data base's are the least costing thing. All they do is send and take. Switch does more then that. Heck even a repeater does more then a data base. So there for all you have to do is set up protocols to allow for streaming to web site for real time play. This is already being done with the viewing of a game.

Now instead of streaming it to you they are now streaming to youtube and so on. This company has more then enough.... People playing to be-able to workout something with another company.

If no replays take the tribunal out completely. people only report right now for auto ban. People only spam punish and get there free IP. Things need to be done to fix this. If not video replays something I mean it something needs to be done. Web crawlers can hit punish for me I don't even have to be there for 20 sec to spam it.

Last words

Something need to be done. SOMETHING!

Goth Skunk

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerInc View Post
Ok. So we need to think about things right now with the tribunal system.
No. We really don't.

Quote:
Right now I am punishing every for the next week. Right or wrong after a week I will post with shots to show how wrong it is. What you are thinking of right now is how it is. People report for auto ban. Nothing else to do with it. They are mad at this play report so they get banned. They did get the hero they wanted and the player that had it sucks ( well to them anyway ) so they report them... It is just a very sad sad system right now.
This would be an intentional attempt to skew the statistics in your favour. You think the Tribunal is flawed, but cannot accept that you are wrong. The only way you know how to prove your point is to intentionally misuse it. That's not an argument, that's evidence to prove you're wrong!

Quote:
Like calling someone a fing jerk is reported and banned.. I am sorry
No you're not.
Quote:
that is why you have a filter. But that doesn't matter. Someone is trolling a player by stealing the blue the red and so on. But the player doesn't bite and the troll reports the one he was trolling now the player that just had the worse game just got ban. This is not fair in anyway. Something needs to be done.
At this point, you're just raving mad. Nothing of what you're saying makes any sense. I'm just going to ignore it.

Quote:
Things can be put in place to stop this. Video replay is one of them. You keep having this idea of video MUST BE BIG!! Sorry for a " Network Operations Technician " you should know it doesn't always have to be big. If your talking about storage. Data base's are the least costing thing. All they do is send and take. Switch does more then that. Heck even a repeater does more then a data base. So there for all you have to do is set up protocols to allow for streaming to web site for real time play. This is already being done with the viewing of a game.
You have no idea what you're talking about. You are the most overpaid engineer I have ever spoken to.
Quote:
Now instead of streaming it to you they are now streaming to youtube and so on. This company has more then enough.... People playing to be-able to workout something with another company.

If no replays take the tribunal out completely. people only report right now for auto ban. People only spam punish and get there free IP. Things need to be done to fix this. If not video replays something I mean it something needs to be done. Web crawlers can hit punish for me I don't even have to be there for 20 sec to spam it.
There are no more IP rewards for doing the Tribunal. There hasn't been any rewards for months. You would know that if you had done even a lick of research. But you haven't. I can't say that I'm surprised, given how wrong you are about everything else.

Quote:

Last words

Something need to be done. SOMETHING!
The only thing that needs to be done, is shut you up for a couple weeks until the crazy has all left your system.

SkeletalArm

01-12-2013

If I might interject and propose an alternative? Sure a video might show certain gameplay actions better, such as feeding intentionally or playing badly, but since most normal games tend to go from 20 minutes to 1 hour long it would be a little bit frustrating finding the big difference between intentional feeding and just playing badly. What I purpose is something a little simpler and less time consuming.

An events log detailing times of kills, deaths, assists, items bought and sold, and and maybe even the destruction of turrets, and when someone leaves/ discennects. While it may not detail the needless chase or the noob mistakes I believe that most can determine what is truely intentional feeding and just playing bad, merely by knowing how long from respawn to death comes.

VietnamGuerrilla

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchierkeWiking View Post
Are you going to spend at least 10 minutes looking at the replay?, what if the first one is clear, will you look at all the others?
You're the reason this game sucks. Look at the game in context.