I used to be a good Adc then I jungled

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IdkiPickedaName

01-11-2013

Tldr: What's a good adc for someone who's used to playing bruisers/tanks. Or someone that feels really safe to play (not Ez because I'm still shook when playing him)

I used to be a really good (compared to who I was playing) Vayne and Ezreal (before he was popular) but literally stopped played Ad when I learned to jungle. I loves me some jungle, I'm going to guess that I played like 300 games straight jungling w/o ever playing any other role. I play bruisers and tanks when I jungle (can't get a hang of snowball junglers for some reason) and I've grown as a bruiser/tank player. I've been playing bruisers/tanks so much that I completely blow as Adc now, I literally have to get carried (unless I play Ad Kennen) when I play Adc.
I haven't grown in the Adc role and I'm like so ****ing paranoid being the target of the enemy team constantly and being so frail. Unless I have tons of protect I'm pretty much ****ting my pants in teamfights, unable to orb walk and kite (which I'm honestly not that bad at) because I know everyone is gunning to f me up so I just run when I see someone target me.

So pretty much I'm looking for GD to help me pick an Adc that will help me ease back in to the role. Someone who's really safe in team fights, that's able to actually stay in a fight and doesn't just have a quick escape.

AussieBoss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Everyone is going to say Graves. Heck, I've seen some Graves build Warmog's as their survivability item!

Freon160

01-11-2013

Graves.

Majestic Fetus

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieBoss View Post
Everyone is going to say Graves. Heck, I've seen some Graves build Warmog's as their survivability item!
urgot to be kidding me

IdkiPickedaName

01-11-2013

I forgot about Graves. I've even played him before, yeah I felt pretty safe/comfortable when I played Graves. Time to save like 4k more ip :O

Typing **** out helps!

Skalerita

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieBoss View Post
Woong from Frost?

IdkiPickedaName

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic Fetus View Post
urgot to be kidding me
Urgot's an adc? I generally play him top to hurt bruisers. His auto attack range is ass and his teamfight is meh imo. I could try that out also, I actually own Urgot.

Majestic Fetus

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdkiPickedaName View Post
Urgot's an adc? I generally play him top to hurt bruisers. His auto attack range is ass and his teamfight is meh imo. I could try that out also, I actually own Urgot.
dont take my word for it

i read your posts and it implied you wanted to play a tankyish ad carry who can take a beating

first thing that came to mind (after graves of course) was urgot who has a shield, damage reduction passive and defensive steroid after he ults

Steelflame

01-11-2013

I would say the new champ Thresh, if you went ADC on him, might also fit your style. He manages it decently enough, and is much tankier at the role than most ADCs. Note that he does not scale as hard as a champ designed as ADC, but he does have stronger early game. Makes a massive kill lane bot when paired with a kill lane support/bruiser. He can actually live if he all-ins, based on what I have managed on the PBE with him. Hell, he is a very strong pick for bot lane as is in his current form.

His Q gives him bonus damage based on AD (check for ADC), with an active blitz grab style that acts like a pesudo escape as well (jump to jungle minions over walls). His W acts like a mini-ward for a few seconds if thrown into a bush, or you can instead opt to use it to collect souls at range if you would rather not get close to the minions. If you dive a tower, it can be used so that the jungler can instantly pull out from under the tower. His E is a nice push back, honestly has stopped a lot more dash style skills than it seems it should for such a short knock back/pull. His R pretty much makes it so that he can somewhat safely sit in the back, as it is pretty dangerous for anyone to try and get through those walls without being slowed to death, as he falls backs and kites them with the 99% slow active on them. Sort of a utility ADC, like Ashe, who instead is stronger early game than her, although falls off later (for an ADC, at least. Still is very strong, just not as strong as another ADC in a full all out late game battle).

Pros
-God like kill lane potential.
-Much higher defensive stats than most ADCs if able to collect souls.
-Safer than his kit would make you think.
-High utility kit. All of his skills can be used for multiple purposes.

Cons
-Less late game than most ADCs.
-Lack of reliable escapes, dependant on slows/pushbacks, or being able to hook to a jungle monster.
-Lower range than most ADCs.
-If denied souls, is UNHOLY squishy due to no armor per level scaling to balance out how much armor his passive scaling can give.

xXSorianXx

01-11-2013

Learn to CS on ashe and play someone with some sort of steroid, I personally hate ez and corki they just don't flow right with me although twitch and tristana I both love, the thought of being able to get a pentakill when the stars align with twitch is amazing