I'm honestly not sad flask is getting nerfed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

01-11-2013

In fact I think it should be removed.

It is in the EXACT same situation that heart of gold was. It was meant for supports, but it is used by others much more effectively.

In fact if you don't go flask start top lane and the enemy does you are going to have a really awful time laning because its that good on top laners. Its pretty much core start for all tops now for get flask, hp pots, mana pots(if they use mana) and a ward.

I would have to say as a support main I wouldn't mind seeing it go the way of Heart of gold. Anyhow, I never see any succesful support players pick it up first thing, or even on their first back unless they are extremely ahead, which in most cases would warrent rushing gold items or a sightstone since they are better for a support winning lane in most cases.

LePWNa

01-11-2013

^

Wangnam Style

01-11-2013

i dislike how every lane always has wards now because of flask, im happy about the nerf also

Demagoguery

01-11-2013

As a support main I've bought it a couple times a while back... It's an ok item but like you said it really doesn't do as much when you want that Philo and Sightstone more, especially since all three are early game items and it's easier to start with a Philo component and potions than it is to get flask alone.

In short, it's an early game item that's more expensive than alternatives and provides nothing in the later game, it's almost a Doran's item.

xCookieMonster

01-11-2013

Every since Flask came out, I pretty much always start flask/wards/pot mid lane. Impossible to lose lane.

I wish they'd remove flask.

I mean, you ever played against flask+6 pots Ryze? ****ing ridiculous, and by the time he runs out, he either gets more, or is too strong to deal with

NoLuckJustBBQ

01-11-2013

So you guys are mad because theirs now another generic start like boot 3x? IT's a new meta adapt or fall off early game.

DJ Shyvana

01-11-2013

I start Flask and 4 wards on almost all my supports and am able to stay in lane past 6 and buy sightstone on my first back.

ZileanUltedJesus

01-11-2013

flask and 6 pots sucks, why do you need so much regen when you can go back. If you time it right its possible to miss 0 cs

Skalerita

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumWaffles View Post
I start Flask and 4 wards on almost all my supports and am able to stay in lane past 6 and buy sightstone on my first back.
This is posibly the best support start. If you are anticipating some harass and trading damage...

Qsario

01-11-2013

The PBE notes I read showed it getting too expensive to start with if you wanted to buy wards, but then buffing the hp/mana gained from it?

I don't know what streamers people watch, but I see a lot of the high ELO games where supports start flask+wards. I get it so I can rush sightstone more easily at the start and right now, you have just barely enough wards if you stretch it out.