Playing support in pub games is stressful and unrewading

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plasmafrog

01-10-2013

Every once in a while, I feel the need to be useful and generous by aiding a hand to our carry down in the deep sections of the map. Everything goes fine or mildly bitter, but I can deal with this just fine. Our carry still gets a good deal's worth of farm and is doing well. Then mid game comes along...

I swear it on my deathbed that it's always a Teemo that does this. He'll do well, start acting cocky about it, then overextend for the rest of the match, constantly feeding the other team's Katarina until she becomes the warping lawnmower. I tell him to cut it out and stay with the team, he then starts accusing me of our team's loss because I have more deaths than kills. This goes on for the rest of the match as he complains and whines after every death and then we get down to our last tower.

Baron is gone, and Katarina ominously brings nothing but massive wipes to our team. I engage, she warps in, then our team vanishes in an instant.

I get to watch as fifty minutes, being wasted by arguing with the mentally deficient, are wasted as they march into our Nexus and peels it off the face of Runeterra.

"Report Leona for feeding!"

It's then that a small shard of the few remaining fragments that I have left for humanity shattters.

Leaver

01-10-2013

Random every time you have to play support, it makes it better, it also makes your team very upset

Sirtommygunn

01-10-2013

Bad games happen, you've gotta get over them and forget about them. Maybe that guy is a dumb jerk, but dwelling on it doesn't help. Just report and move on.

Plasmafrog

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtommygunn View Post
Bad games happen, you've gotta get over them and forget about them. Maybe that guy is a dumb jerk, but dwelling on it doesn't help. Just report and move on.
I do, trust me, but this happens every time I play support. It's gotten so bad before that I've swung my fist at my own monitor. These people are about as bright as they abyss that they climbed from.

ImProbablyDrunk

01-10-2013

I've had nothing but wins lately as support in blind normals. You've just had bad luck.

sugarcrotch

01-10-2013

well for one dont play leona in blind pick solo queue... play janna or sona.. or taric..

janna is op as donkey balls...

Uroboros

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrguy View Post
well for one dont play leona in blind pick solo queue... play janna or sona.. or taric..

Or Lulu.

Plasmafrog

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrguy View Post

Surely you kid?

MelodyOfIce

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmafrog View Post
"Report Leona for feeding!"
As I have been maining support when I have time, I highly doubt the Teemo had the intelligence to get the capitalization, spelling, and grammar right all in one go. Usually I get things like "rprt lul for feed pls intentoin fed at end" XD

Narvuntien

01-10-2013

It takes a certain type of person to play support...

and I am not sure you are that type of person...

I never let Teemo attempt to ADC I will play Poppy support or something else goofy if forced to... I am not supporting someone that isn't a ranged ADC.

Support takes a lot of teamwork and doing it without insta comunication is tough... you kind of have to set it up in advance.. when I do this I want you to do this.. ok?. " I have them zoned don't use your abilities on the minons I want to hold the lane here"... " you need to improve your farm focus on last hits".

You are living in hope that your ADC knows what they are doing... if your adc is bad there really isn't much you can do...you can roam and find someone else in the team to support. in my 1 ranked game this season we were feeding bot lane but our jungler was fed so I supported them after the laning phase and we won.