I mean honestly, I need tips on how not to lose games as support...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serpent Of Old

01-11-2013

Is there anything I can do except feed my carry to 16 kills and still lose the game?

Boolga

01-11-2013

Keep good ward vision. Sometimes when I play Taric, if my adc can handle himself, I roam mid for a stun. They never expect it.

Pippin254

01-11-2013

Unfortunately, there's only so much you can do. Ward like it's goin' out of style, use everything at your disposal to keep him alive, and harass the enemy out as much as possible. Destroy wards, control dragon, pink the place up like it's Valentines day to practically give your jungler/mid a red carpet to gank.

Ultimately, though, support's have many powers, but in the event your AD carry just finished testing the food processor with his face, it's impossible to prevent stupidity. Marginalizing it through the above methods helps, but if your AD carry has the brain of a deck chair...there's only so much you can do.

I'd either duo with someone you can learn from and synergize with, or at the very least, hunker down and truck on. Support's tough when it's an uphill battle.

Exorbiant

01-11-2013

Make a quick pit stop at mid lane and gank for them.
Deep ward and pink ward.
protect your carry during teamfights.
make calls if no one else is.

Freon160

01-11-2013

Mid-Late game is all about vision. Ruby sightstone just doesn't cut it any more. I typically just fill up on wards and place them in all the jungle entrances and other situational spots. That way you can see when someone is out of position and initiate on favorable terms.

Roldan813

01-11-2013

Maybe if you can't feed your adc, try to pick a support that avoids them from being killed. A good example of a support who can do that is Janna. She can disengage almost every fight, so you don't have to worry about not feeding the enemy at least. And in the process, her shield gives a hell of a strong AD boost. so pick janna maybe?

Shoopman

01-11-2013

Don't play supports who fall off. Taric and Soraka are examples of supports who have close to no teamfight presence. Lulu, Leona, Sona, and more are supports who have good teamfight presence.

Panaity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Try to lead. Pick champs that can initiate and tank well, or champs with good counterplay options. Keep vision, make good calls and get your team to push towers and take objectives. Nothing loses a won game faster than a team who wins a fight then goes on to farm instead of pushing.

Be encouraging, not a jerk. If someone does something stupid, just ask them to stick with the team and go for the win. Stuff like that.

Backsider

01-11-2013

I usually do well with supports that have a team presence, like zyra(ult so good for team fights), alistar, blitz,taric(dat aura), sona(walking ult). Well basically anyone that is very good in team fights and can hard cc someone thats fed. That way your team have a good chance to kill the enemy.

edit: Omg what a blasphemy i forgot leona, how could i do this...

Nores

01-11-2013

dont play bad and dont feed. Ward up and buy pinks for objectives. User your spells and summoners correctly. If you losing most games as support that usually means that you are playing very very bad

Btw losing some games will happen no matter what positions or how well you play. as long as you win rate is ~>60% you doing it right.