[PSA] Do not let anyone know what you have on your account

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

and do not take any videos of it for others to see.

Recently I was permabanned under the accusation of having sold my account. Now I know for a fact this is false as I'm the only person who has even had access to this account besides the one time I was hacked around the Fiora patch. I'm trying to dispute this claim and get the permaban reversed, but I don't know if I'll succeed. This is just a warning to all of you. If you have a good account and anyone acquires a good chunk of information on the account (Runes, champions, skins, elo, etc..) They can attempt to sell it to scam money, and you will pay the price not them.

Riot will not care and just hit you with the ban hammer, and unless you are strong enough to lift it up you will be crushed.... I hope I am.

Good day GD. May this never happen to you.

Listen GD this isn't a thread for me searching for a red to post to fight them about my account getting unbanned. I'll do that through support and use everything I can to get it reversed. I did not come here to get your support on getting my account unbanned, but I really do appreciate it. I'm simply here to warn you so that you can maybe prevent this from happening to you. I don't want anyone else to have the feeling I did when I got that email.

EDIT:

My Final thread in this community. Riot has denied me the request to get my account unbanned when it was unjustifiable banned. They claim they have proof and refuse to present it to me when I've given them proof that their accusation is wrong.

They can't hide behind the guise not being able to give me that information as this effect my account, my money, my investment into this game. Riot no longer cares about it's player base in any way,shape, or form.
Attachment 588977Attachment 588978Attachment 588979Attachment 589758Attachment 589759

Yep just ignore the fact that the person playing has the same IP address as before... or the RP that is purchased comes from the same paypal.... or that I play matches with the same summoners I always have.

EDIT2:
Oh ya purchased over 400 USD in RP in December alone.

EDIT3:
Someone asked what I sent to support in the thread. Saying I could have just being saying "I didn't sell it, I didn't sell it."

Attachment 589055Attachment 589056

Then I got slightly irritated with the way they were handling the situation and final said I'd charge back all the money I spent on this account if they refused to provide any proof. In all honesty I'd only charge back the 400+ I bought in December that I never had the time to enjoy.

Attachment 589057

EDIT4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
The OP stated that he had been hacked previously. Why would he tell us this?

What Ifs
What if the OP has scammed someone previously by selling him his account, then reclaiming it by telling Riot he was hacked?
What if the OP gave away all his account details, but not the login information, in an attempt to scam someone?
What if the OP got caught this time?
What if the OP, who apparently cannot afford 10 dollars, scammed over and over again to pay for all his skins?
What if the OP is not fighting his thousands of dollars of loss because all of this is true?
The OP hasn't scammed anyone, and has been hacked once. The account was returned to him that day.
Yes I have given away my account details. I've posted on the forums about the skins I own many times as well as posting the amount I had spent on this game at the time. Have I scammed someone no?
What if Irelia was never nerfed?
What if that post was saying that at the time I need exactly 1380 RP to buy all the active skins and have exactly 0 RP. you should read the thread.
What if the OP is actually fighting for his thousands of dollars and his account, but didn't want what has happened to happen and only wanted to warn GD of what could have to them so they could try to avoid this battle?

Kurogano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

I assume GD is moving fast like normal. I'll give this one bump and let it sink. Hopefully this warning prevents this happening to someone else.

Kaiden

01-07-2013

that sucks hopefully you get everything sorted out

TheLawn

01-07-2013

Except anyone can see what runes and stuff you have on sites like lolking
as for skins... they could just spectate you for a while...

FireZ42

01-07-2013

That sucks. It's the forum badge I tells ya! Stands out hard

FrozenXylaphone

01-07-2013

How can they sell your account to scam money when they don't have access to it?

Kurogano

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawn View Post
Somewhat true. They can only see your number of rune pages and what runes you are currently using in them. They cannot see your inactive runes via this method.

PG Bob Chen

Senior Recruiter

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawn View Post
They can see what Runes you are using not the ones you own. Riot should have a policy on stat sharing sites so that the only way people can see your stats is if they search you through the client or you have made an account on one of the stat sites. Ex: You need an account on lolking so that people can see your stats on the site. If you do not have an account on the site then your stats will not show up for others to see.

Lord Egoth

01-07-2013

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Pawsuom

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
How can they sell your account to scam money when they don't have access to it?
Because they can claim they have access to it but they actually don't. They have enough information to persuade the customer.

o_O?