Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh needs a damage buff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BanditManSteve

01-11-2013

With champs like Leona, Blitz, and Nautilus on the table, there really isn't a reason to pick thresh over any of them, other than his unique and fun kit. I mean his Pull has a base damage of 200 with i believe .5 scaling. Blitzs has a 300 base damage, with a 1.0 scaling and COMPLETELY pulls the enemy in. Nautilus's has a 240 base damage with .75 scaling. So why is thresh's so horribly low? Then thresh's E is 205 base damage with 0.4 scaling. again, super low compared to blitz's popup with doubles his ad, and combined with sheen/manamune it hits even harder. I just feel like Thresh's only use right now is his CC, but if you want cc, i feel like the 3 others mentioned in this thread do it a lot better.

DistilledSkill

01-11-2013

but thresh has crazy poke with autos

DropoftheGun

01-11-2013

his Q passive is where his damage comes from. his Ult also has a high base and 1.0 scaling. his utility makes up for his lack
of damage.

Badruk

01-11-2013

Although I do agree the base damages could be upped a little, the scalings have to be lower than the champs you mentioned because their passives do not give them free AP

BanditManSteve

01-11-2013

Quote:
Badruk:
Although I do agree the base damages could be upped a little, the scalings have to be lower than the champs you mentioned because their passives do not give them free AP

I would be fine with that. his base damages is are just so horrible.

And to the other posts, his Q doesnt hurt unless you get magic pen, rank up Q first, and then have a ton of souls and let it charge. Even thought he gets free ap, it takes way too long for him to capitalize on it early in the game, none the less i would be fine with the ratios staying the same if they buffed the base damages. His ult does NOT make up for his lack of damage because if a tank is doing their job they will pop it, take little damage, and then everyone escapes through there. That or they flash over it. It only hurts if you build straight ap, which you cant really do as a support as you dont have the gold flow to do so. if they have to lower the ult ratio to boost his other abilities, do it.

Shadowlrd

01-11-2013

i dont think your fully recognizing the potential of the passive on the q, even without the build up, his basic atks do 200% of your atk damage at max lvl. build a manamune and a trinity force then maximize on the spellblade. q>>pull yourself>>charged aa w/spellblade proc>>ult>>aa w/ spellblade proc>>e to bring them back>>aa with spellblade proc>>lantern for a shield cuz why not>>aa with spellblade proc>> finish with additional aa and of course every aa is doing 200% of your atk damage

Edit: Just on a side note, 200% atk damage plus 475 atk range and being a tanky cc ******* is pretty good. I think those ratios on his abilities are down becuz of this purpose. obviously it would b nice for slightly higher ratios but with the right build his abilities+aa with q passive can b pretty op

Voidgolem

01-11-2013

reason to pick Thresh over Leona/Blitz/Naut:

Lantern. Ranged autoattack to poke with without going balls-deep every time.

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
Lantern. Ranged autoattack to poke with without going balls-deep every time.

Does it actually do damage to enemies in the area? I thought it was solely for a shield/quick escape.

Shadowlrd

01-11-2013

what i think he means is the lantern with the shield and ally pull, and then the aa range. the shield is also very nice for pokes when you place it where you can give as many people as possible a shield and escape

Akuen

01-11-2013

Quote:
the shield is also very nice for pokes when you place it where you can give as many people as possible a shield and escape

True. Plus it collects your souls for you meaning you don't have to get too close.