since the graphics update, my laptop has been having performance issues. anyone help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinGregg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

I took a 7 month break right before the update was released. Prior to the graphics update I would play the game on low settings with perfect performance. Since the update, my game will lag (the whole game freezes for a second or two until it can load) whenever it has to load certain spell animations for the first time or even just a shop page for the first time

I have a ATI mobility radeon 5650 card. It is updated to the latest drivers, and I even did a fresh windows install to rule out viruses. Does anyone know of anything I can do to get the game to perform reliably?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-11-2013

Kevin,

Can you attach your DxDiag file.

KevinGregg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

heres my dxdiag file

KevinGregg

01-14-2013

Hoping to get some help on this

KevinGregg

01-15-2013

^

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-15-2013

There's nothing that really stands out in your DxDiag, which is a good thing.

Mostly I was looking for age indicators. With laptops, FPS issues are most often related to overheating, but that would usually present as a slowdown over time as you play, or a straight crash.

It sounds like you're having an issue where it just does hiccups for a couple seconds when doing things for the first time and then plays just fine?

If that's the case, it sounds like it might be some sort of corruption issue, which would mean it might be worthwhile to try running a reinstall, http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...gue-of-legends

If not, you may want to just try running through the FPS guide, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=24115467

BlobPower

01-15-2013

Stupid question: Wouldn't corrupted files result in errors instead of lag?

The game reads the sounds from HDD everytime they are played, maybe that's the problem? What happens if you disable all sounds(not mute)? Did you have any HDD problems in the past 7 months? Did you install anything that is constantly accessing the HDD? Can you try playing the game from usb storage or a RAM drive?