Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

since the graphics update, my laptop has been having performance issues. anyone help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevinGregg

01-11-2013

I took a 7 month break right before the update was released. Prior to the graphics update I would play the game on low settings with perfect performance. Since the update, my game will lag (the whole game freezes for a second or two until it can load) whenever it has to load certain spell animations for the first time or even just a shop page for the first time

I have a ATI mobility radeon 5650 card. It is updated to the latest drivers, and I even did a fresh windows install to rule out viruses. Does anyone know of anything I can do to get the game to perform reliably?

KevinGregg

01-11-2013

I still am looking for suggestions, dont think someone helped me or i figured it out!

George Veth

01-11-2013

i have the exact card make sure your laptop is not overheating mines gets really hot hot = slow, other than that its probably lol try to reinstall

KevinGregg

01-11-2013

My laptop does get hot, but the problem happens all the time, even when cool

stephone

01-11-2013

i have a 5850 and im having no problems

Mighell

01-18-2013

I have a similar problem. I think mine is related to the sound drive somehow since my freezes happen more frequently when there are several spells happening at once (team fights, turret dives...). I dont think its the graphics or the hard disk, since i played LoL perfectly on my previous laptops, which were both worse than my current one...