Attn: Major Ursa

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

STANKSTORM DELTA

01-10-2013

While bringing attention to the public's trouble with Kassadin in Dominion on the Dom forums is a good direction towards asking Riot to adjust him,

Necroposting is not. Stop.

On the subject of Kass, I played him full tank (no m.pen, no AP) a LOT in S2, and now like to build in Sweeper and, if I need more MR aside from boots/runes/masteries/passive, the occasional Abyssal. Here are a few things I can note personally note through both first and second hand experience that brings a Kassatank and/or his team down...

-Having another full-tank on the same team (overal teamfight firepower goes down)
-Silence and Stuns
-Not getting focused by AP champs
-Not getting focused at all
-Engagements outside of mid-to-large team fights against powerful auto attackers that don't rely much on abilities that charge Force Pulse.
-Again, Silence and Stuns.
-Tanky champs who either go full-tank or damn near close with some sort of health sustain.
-Pooters successfully backcapping or point neutralizing.
-As always, map awareness.

Good luck to Riot crew towards assessing this situation. I will sure as hell continue to play Kassatank until then, and perhaps even after.

BeefJerkyHunter

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANKSTORM DELTA View Post
Necroposting is not. Stop.
Is beating a dead horse the new in?

MajorUrsa

01-10-2013

The best part about this, is you created another Kassadin thread.

While calling me out on the forums. Which is most definitely not allowed.

DiscworldDeath

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
The best part about this, is you created another Kassadin thread.

While calling me out on the forums. Which is most definitely not allowed.
He didn't "name and shame" you, calling someone out in the manner he did is allowed.
Also, after your flagrant abuse of the fora rules, you really should not call anyone on any of their forum violations, even if it makes them a bit hypocritical, it makes you a lot more so.

More and more, I get from this forum the "Entitled-now" feeling.

MajorUrsa

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post

... it makes you a lot more so. More and more, I get from this forum the "Entitled-now" feeling.

I'm not going to address this thread again after this, but I really do not care how you feel about it. OP made a thread to come in here and defend Kassadin after I bumped all the posts addressing how broken and game breaking Kassadin is.

I have no sense of entitlement, I find it humorous. There's really no reason to take this quite so seriously, other then to maybe have a laugh at the sheer amount of threads, and the lack of a single red address to the issue which has been driving the community mad for over a year now, while GD enjoys a generous amount of posts and updates on the state of the game and impending balance decisions, often in relatively short turn around.

The minor band aid fixes have been a great step forward to helping the map realize some modicum of balance, and I appreciate everything Nome has tried and attempted in order to bring us a balanced Crystal Scar, but with relatively little support, the death of draft, the lack of ranked, the complete stone walling of player feedback while SR balanced champions break Dominion wide open and continue to do so with very little help for the players, to come here and say we're all "Entitled" because we want the mode to be more successful, to find a stable playerbase, to become the competitive map we know it can and should be, is just shameful.

Riot please Disc.

DiscworldDeath

01-10-2013

I want this mode to be successful too, you've probably noticed I care about this mode.

Just yesterday I played against a Kass spammer whose match history is nothing but Kassadin twice ina row before calling it quits for the night.

Requesting things is fine, arguing for things is fine. But the way in which these things are happening, the tone taken in so many threads, is extremely self-entitled, and often childish.

I take issue with your mass-bumping because it's very annoying, and when a single necro threads can be annoying, this is the equivalent of text-bombing a chat-room, it just adds so much noise, it's so uncouth. I am often less annoyed by "annoying things" than when people do things in order to annoy others. Now, I don't think you did it to annoy people, but you've done something which in a vacuum is very annoying, on purpose, knowingly.

I wish you hadn't.

Thinking the "ends" justify this method, the ends in this case is showing your displeasure with a certain lack of initiative or discussion on Riot's side, which is a selfish thing (it's your own feelings, doesn't matter if others share them as well), is exactly why I dubbed it as "Entitled".

I mean, I'd love for Kassadin to be fixed as well, trust me, but please, this forum is sort of our "home", as a community, at least a large part of our home. Don't burn your home just to get the rude guests out, y'know? Keep it nice and clean.

konfetarius

01-10-2013

So much rude.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

What I found funny is that you claim that Kassadin's effectiveness goes down when you have another 'full tank' on the team when you can just go glass cannon.

It's almost like you have to build a champion the same every game!

I also think it's funny how most Kassadin players need a crutch (building tank) because they can't manage mana or position well-enough without it.

You said CC stops Kassadin. Guess what else CC stops? Everything. Except Kassadin can blink in response to most CCs into a safer position whereas most other champs don't have that luxury.

Guess what else focus from APs/Enemy Team kills? Everything. But it's quite a bit harder when that Kassadin has kit that technically requires him to only use <1second to use his combo then riftwalk out, not to mention silence + slow inherently makes it more difficult to fight back against him.

-Engagements outside of mid-to-large team fights against powerful auto attackers that don't rely much on abilities that charge Force Pulse.

This is stupid on the basis that Kassadin has more mobility than most people and can easily create 2v1 situations. He also happens to be incredibly strong in 1v1s on the basis that he can harass with his short combo then leave risk free.

-Tanky champs who either go full-tank or damn near close with some sort of health sustain.

Those champs typically do well vs everything, and Kassadin probably does better vs them than most of the roster anyway, especially since he can't die to them.

-Pooters successfully backcapping or point neutralizing.

Kassadin does considerably better against this than a vast majority of the roster, once again due to mobility, and, if necessary, chasing/kill potential.

-As always, map awareness.

Works well vs everything, yet probably less effective against Kassadin than every other champion l0l.

Overall, your topic is completely a waste of time since Kassadin is considered overpowered even taking into consideration all of your points. Realistically, champions like Teemo Kassadin Khazix Jayce and Eve are completely broken right now. There's no real reason for you to defend them, it's just silly. If you want to play OPs, just do it, but don't delude yourself into thinking that they're 'not that broken'. Because they are.

That said, I don't approve of MajorUrsa bumping threads from 2011 to try to support his case. I think it's a little odd that he complains about Kassadin despite mass-spamming Khazix at one point.

Phourc

01-10-2013

I upvoted for 'stop necro spamming', but I should have downvoted for saying map awareness counters Kassadin. -__-

Malah

01-11-2013

Is there any way to get in contact with the forum support service? They're not under the support button up top as far as I saw.

Instead of making threads like this just send them a bunch of emails saying some jackass is necroposting and that he needs a boot until he can behave in a civilized manner.

Also, saying there's a massive amount of threads is invalid when they're only here because you necro'd them, jerk. Everyone on this forum with a brain knows Kass it broken - spamming it will just piss them off.