Vayne or Graves or Other?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UNveral

01-10-2013

I am looking at getting a new champion and was wondering which you would suggest. I was thinking between Vayne and Graves but i know Graves has been nerfed alot, and was wondering if he is worth getting or if there are better champions for either Vayne or graves roll? Would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions

Ganjizord

01-10-2013

i think vayne can have a stronger late game if fed but weak early/easily shut down if denied kills/farm. id say play graves.

MicKretz

01-11-2013

vayne is a champ that if your early game sux, you will have ZERO late game...YET if your early game is decent you will SNOWBALL into a HUGE PENTAKILL BEAST.......so she is a great REWARDING champion at times.

Graves is just good overall and (im told) is a counter to Ezreal WHO DOES appear more then 50% of the time in ranked games (last i checked on a website with stats)

soooo hope it helps, but if you gonna master ADC role, you will prob have both at somepoint

adc

01-11-2013

Graves isn't a counter to Ezreal, MicKretz. It's actually the other way around.

Basically, this is how bot lane works:

Poke > Burst > Sustain > Poke.

Ezreal is poke, Graves is burst. Ezreal wins, with proper play.

That said, on to the topic!

Vayne is a VERY squishy, short range hero with one of the worst early lanes in the game. Like, she's nearly Nasus-tier in terms of her early lane. That said, she also has a support hero - and if they're good, she can get away with it. She scales into late game so well, and has so much mobility, she's one of the strongest ADCs in the game.

Graves has nasty burst and is great against a lane with Soraka or Sona if you can play it right. Pair him with a Leona, and it's basically a free double if they get caught. However, he's somewhat short ranged and might have trouble late game, if the enemy can coordinate - that said, he's also fairly tanky, so he can take a bit of a beating.

One you didn't mention - Kog'maw. He is, to the best of my knowledge, the strongest late game hero barring Nasus in the game. He has a lane that's nearly as bad as Vayne's, but he scales into late game for different reasons. His W gives him massive range (longer than Caits? Not sure, but around there), and allows him to snipe people very easily. He does basically the most damage in the game with 6 items, but also needs a strong protect comp to work. If you can deal with a crappy early game and being very squishy and easily killed for most of the game, I'd certainly suggest trying Kog'maw too.

Pwnågraphy

01-11-2013

Ezreal does not counter Graves.
If you go against an ezreal all you have to do is stay behind minions. I preff Vayne because she just seems a lot of fun. I usually get reall fed. 25-7 range most of the time. But if I'm not fed then I got counters to the max. But anyway Vayne is pretty hard early game and graves not so much.. If you want more burst early game go Graves. If you have the patience and wait for late game you can dominate your opponent and carry your team to victory.. I love vayne.

adc

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwngraphy View Post
Ezreal does not counter Graves.
If you go against an ezreal all you have to do is stay behind minions. I preff Vayne because she just seems a lot of fun. I usually get reall fed. 25-7 range most of the time. But if I'm not fed then I got counters to the max. But anyway Vayne is pretty hard early game and graves not so much.. If you want more burst early game go Graves. If you have the patience and wait for late game you can dominate your opponent and carry your team to victory.. I love vayne.
The thing about Graves v Ezreal is that a good Ezreal is never going to let you hit you hit your combo. He's going to last hit and abuse the range on his Q whenever you try to harass him.

Mothalius

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
The thing about Graves v Ezreal is that a good Ezreal is never going to let you hit you hit your combo. He's going to last hit and abuse the range on his Q whenever you try to harass him.
You know how you survive against Ezreal as Graves? Stay behind minions :O

Also, AD Bottom, what's a hero?

adc

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothalius View Post
You know how you survive against Ezreal as Graves? Stay behind minions :O

Also, AD Bottom, what's a hero?
And if you sit behind minions, then Ezreal farms and ignores you, and you still never get your burst off on him, allowing him to easily scale into late game while you've never exploited your burst kit in lane.

MicKretz

01-11-2013

to ADBOTTOM
okay, did some research on my own via online and majority say graves does counter Ez, so i guess either my friend was right, or just says that cuz the majority of websites say it....either way u can check it out urself

Again to original poster....try both out if u can or watch vids/live games with those champs and then buy one....cant go wrong with either really

Nakawaka

01-12-2013

I wonder if we can just accept that Ez v Graves is highly skill sensitive.