Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I saved a damsel in distress last night

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mista Jangles

01-10-2013

Quote:
2051:
fair enough, and yeah, I can see how the whole long distance thing could suck.

In high school I was a huge fan of Three Days Grace. It was the summer of 2007 and Three Days Grace was touring with Breaking Benjamin, Puddle of Mudd, and Red. I actually got to go to this show. It was in Tulsa. I'm in line at the merch table after Red's set and I spot a hat that had the One-X paperdoll on it. I immediately want to buy it. I give them my money, but its not enough. I'm bummed, until this girl behind me says "I got the rest of this," and she pays for it.

At this point I felt like I was obligated to do something for her. I didn't know what else to do. So, I introduced myself, and she introduced herself. Her name was Lauren. I was 16 at the time, and she was 15. We would hang out at Sonic for hours just sitting there, talking about nonsense. We would talk on the phone for several hours straight. What sucked, though, was that she lived a couple towns over, so I would use the entirety of my paychecks from working at McDonalds to spend on gas just to pick her up and spoil her. It was great. This lasted about a month.

Her parents had been divorced years before our relationship. Her dad was a truckdriver who lived in the Tulsa area. I don't know what her mom did. All I know is that her mom hated me, even though i was miles away. Anyway, Lauren moved down to Dallas, TX to live with her mom and stepdad. I was bummed, but thought we could make it work. It lasted another month, and then I learned that she had been kissing on some other dude, and we hadn't even had our first kiss yet.

So yeah... Long distance sucks.