Grocery ESSENTIALS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BajaChalupa

01-10-2013

OT, what do you get at the grocery store?

Which items must you go to the store for upon running out?

Milk is a necessity for me, as it is the only thing I drink at home aside from alcohol and coffee. I do not drink water, and I don't like black coffee much. Also, I love cereal. So if we run out of milk, I will go to the store any time of day to get more.

Aside from that, I like to have a solid stock of crackers, tortilla chips, salsa, bagels, cream cheese, yogurt, good cheese, cereal (preferably Reese's Puffs), lemon juice, and cilantro.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-10-2013

Everything, I hate not having a well stocked kitchen and pantry.

My wife and I go to the grocery store on a daily basis, literally. 3 children food can go pretty quick, we also like to eat fresh when possible, food is just better that way.

Quision

01-10-2013

Funny thing, don't you think it's weird that not only are we a species that drinks milk outside of a nursing stage, we also drink another animal's milk?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeppaNil View Post
Funny thing, don't you think it's weird that not only are we a species that drinks milk outside of a nursing stage, we also drink another animal's milk?
Nope! I love milk!

BajaChalupa

01-10-2013

We are the only species to do a lot of things. It is kind of interesting, but I don't think it's really a negative thing.

Curiously enough, my grandfather will not drink milk for that reason. I guess it's working well for him because he's 90 years old.

I am crazy about milk though. I drink juice once in a while, booze from time to time, and soda rarely. I never drink water at home, so I'll go through a gallon of milk in the course of a few days.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

I shop once a week, and write a list so i don't miss anything important, only thing i would goto the shops outside of shopping day to get is probably nappies/wipes or maybe milk, depends if i have bread or not, if i have 1 of bread/milk i'm generally good til next shop day.

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Just bread, pasta, rice, vegtables, cheese, meat.