Strong Majority Says.......

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitey Oosik

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Warwick [00:11:29] your Sh!t kid
is pardonable?

Fair enough.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6122002/#nogo


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KamikazeArchon

Senior Member

01-10-2013

I would have punished, but sometimes you get those extra-lenient judges. *shrug*

Actually, my instapunish gets hit a bit lower down:
Warwick [All] [00:13:32] thats so gay i ulted you xin but your countered mine

Sexual orientation as insult/negative adjective = punish for me, but I guess some people find that acceptable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePushySwagg

Member

01-10-2013

Really? Instapunish for that. I disagree wholehartedly


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Lets Feed

Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeArchon View Post
I would have punished, but sometimes you get those extra-lenient judges. *shrug*

Actually, my instapunish gets hit a bit lower down:
Warwick [All] [00:13:32] thats so gay i ulted you xin but your countered mine

Sexual orientation as insult/negative adjective = punish for me, but I guess some people find that acceptable.
These are the type of insane comments that cause average players to develop a really negative/fearful view of the tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regi x Wukong

Member

01-10-2013

A few comments insulting other players is normal in an online game, as long as it's not constant and extremely abusive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeArchon View Post
I would have punished, but sometimes you get those extra-lenient judges. *shrug*

Actually, my instapunish gets hit a bit lower down:
Warwick [All] [00:13:32] thats so gay i ulted you xin but your countered mine

Sexual orientation as insult/negative adjective = punish for me, but I guess some people find that acceptable.
Yeah, I'm one of the stricter Tribunal judges, and holy **** dude.

You Punish for the word "gay"? You must have a pretty **** accuracy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graggy

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Calling something gay doesnt equal homophobic slur anymore. It might have 5 years ago, but gay has become a synonym for stupid, dumb, etc.... Words have different meanings, and our language is ever evolving. If my net shuts down and I come back tell my friends my gay @ss internet crashed, how can I be referencing a sexual orientation about an Object? Exp. when said word has become a norm?


Hate to use a southpark reference but you can learn and understand a bit by looking at the meaning behind this video..
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...e12-the-f-word


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KamikazeArchon

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Elo View Post
Calling something gay doesnt equal homophobic slur anymore.
Yeah, it does.
Quote:
It might have 5 years ago, but gay has become a synonym for stupid, dumb, etc.... Words have different meanings, and our language is ever evolving.
That might be convincing if, you know, people weren't being discriminated against right now for being gay. If we'd had sexual-orientation equality for a century, it might be reasonable to say the language evolved. Right now? Not so much.
Quote:
If my net shuts down and I come back tell my friends my gay @ss internet crashed, how can I be referencing a sexual orientation about an Object? Exp. when said word has become a norm?
Because you're accepting the idea that it's perfectly fine for "gay" to equal "bad". In the worst case, this is because you actually do think being gay is bad. In the best case, this is because you just don't care about going along with that general notion because it doesn't affect you. In which case, you may not be intentionally malicious, but it's still pretty bad to just dismiss the ongoing, massive cultural pressure bearing down on a group of people, especially when all you'd have to do in this case is stop using a couple of words in a particular context.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PenguinKillBear

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Yeah, I'm one of the stricter Tribunal judges, and holy **** dude.

You Punish for the word "gay"? You must have a pretty **** accuracy.
I punish for the word gay used in a negative manor. My accuracy is 90%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lex Domino

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeArchon View Post
Yeah, it does.That might be convincing if, you know, people weren't being discriminated against right now for being gay. If we'd had sexual-orientation equality for a century, it might be reasonable to say the language evolved. Right now? Not so much.Because you're accepting the idea that it's perfectly fine for "gay" to equal "bad". In the worst case, this is because you actually do think being gay is bad. In the best case, this is because you just don't care about going along with that general notion because it doesn't affect you. In which case, you may not be intentionally malicious, but it's still pretty bad to just dismiss the ongoing, massive cultural pressure bearing down on a group of people, especially when all you'd have to do in this case is stop using a couple of words in a particular context.
You're arguing with people who most likely can't even vote yet. You won't get them to understand why this isn't acceptable.

The human brain isn't fully developed until the early to mid 20s so I really wouldn't waste my time.


12345 ... 10