Need Help With Building A Computer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephraus

01-10-2013

Hi I'm looking at building a computer eventually by around August/September year. I'm not a pro in this kinda thing so I need help. My budget is about $1000 (including monitor and keyboard). I'd like it to be able to run Guild Wars 2, Minecraft, LoL, Dota 2, Assassins Creed III and the new Command and Conquer Generals that's supposed to come out this year (high-max settings if possible). If possible I'd like an SSD as my boot drive. If anyone can help me by using pcpartpicker.com or any website like it, it will be greatly appreciated.

TheFieldMarshal

01-10-2013

For 1,000 it's pretty possible. But bare in mind, A copy of windows is 90 bucks, A decent monitor is 130, and I personally use a cheap mouse/keyboard but idk about u. But before the time you go to build AMD will release their 8,000 series cards and Nvidia will be launching their 700 series cards so it's hard to say. You're very far away.

Sephraus

01-10-2013

I already have a mouse and I just need a keyboard that works. I could wait for the new cards but I assume they would be pretty expensive at first

TheFieldMarshal

01-10-2013

Something like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wWMu

I would recommend giving another 60 bucks and picking up an HD 7950 over the HD 7870, as it has a pretty large performance gain.

TheFieldMarshal

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylardarkcross View Post
I already have a mouse and I just need a keyboard that works. I could wait for the new cards but I assume they would be pretty expensive at first
New cards means previous cards drop in price.

Sephraus

01-10-2013

Damn. Thanks a lot for all the help. Btw, when are the new cards coming out and how much more would I end up spending on the newer cards?

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-10-2013

There is literally no point in recommending anything to you right now, if you aren't building until summer. Why?

Well, by then the Nvidia 700 series will be out, the AMD 8000 series will be out. Intel will have released new hardware, there are a number of massive changes in PC components slated for this spring and early summer. Any information we give you now wouldn't relevant at all.

TheFieldMarshal

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
There is literally no point in recommending anything to you right now, if you aren't building until summer. Why?

Well, by then the Nvidia 700 series will be out, the AMD 8000 series will be out. Intel will have released new hardware, there are a number of massive changes in PC components slated for this spring and early summer. Any information we give you now wouldn't relevant at all.
Is haswell that close? Oh ya it's 2013 lol forgot about them.

Sephraus

01-10-2013

Mk thanks for the responses. I'll just wait until the new products are out.