Anyone here in a Long Distance Relationship

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maya369

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicdevil View Post
Well I am not currently with this person, and nor do I have plans to confess how I feel to this person for a very, very long while. We do have plans to meet up as friends once I move.
So honestly, your comment was rather rude and doesn't necessarily pertain to the topic at hand or contribute and sort of constructive discussion.
Well, why are you asking for advices about it then if you dont have plans to get together or even putting any efforts into doing it. Obviously you're trolling because of your menstrual period where you have mixed feelings. The guy was actually giving you an advice and you took it to heart.

Maya369

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Wait...you measured distance in KM...where are you from. Because if you aren't from the U.S then some or most of us (since this is the NA server forum) probably giving you ineffective advice.

Lajinn5

01-10-2013

I'm in a long distance relationship, Texas to Florida, we met through a friend and always talked to each other and I helped her through a difficult phase where she was quite depressed. And then on Valentines day we started talking about things like relationships, this happened and that happened, and then we began our relationship, it will be exactly one year come this Valentine's ^.^

silentpartner

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya369 View Post
Wait...you measured distance in KM...where are you from. Because if you aren't from the U.S then some or most of us (since this is the NA server forum) probably giving you ineffective advice.
From the description of 14,000 KM, that's a fking long way (about the distance of Australia to America), so advice from american's is still prob legit, cause that's who she's dealing with (i suspect)

follow up question for OP, are you from Aus?

NotSid

01-10-2013

I'm currently in one, and in fact I leave tomorrow to see her for the very first time. We met through last year's PAX; I became good friends with the person I was staying with, and one of his friends was browsing through his Facebook friends and she apparently saw my picture and thought I was "cute". He told me about it, I added her, we've been talking ever since, and are now head over heels in love with each other.

Yes, she is a real girl, I've seen her on webcam.
No, nothing dirty.
Yes, she's amazingly beautiful. The prettiest girl in the world.
Yes, I realize I'm taking a big risk in spending so much money just to go see her. But sometimes, you have to take risks in life to get what you want.
No, you cannot have a picture.

My advice? If you want it and can trust both him and yourself to hold off until you meet (as in, not fool around with other people knowing the other won't find out), then go for it. Save up money and go get him, or have him save up money to come get you. Don't listen to what other people say about it. My coworkers think it's weird, my parents think it's unusual, but my parents at least support my decision. Don't listen to anybody else's doubts if you don't want them to become your own. Is your heart telling you it's the right thing to do? Then it probably is. Hell, it is. No probably about it.

I know for me, things are going to be very, very emotional at the airport when I finally get to touch her for the first time. I get chills* just thinking about it.

Hope it goes well for you!

*Yes, they're multiplyin'.

Powerstoned

01-10-2013

If you two are trying to start and then maintain a long distance relationship, don't.

If you're consciously trying to move closer/in together, go for it, keep it going but have a plan with a date attached. Life goes by quick, half a relationship is not enough, and everyone deserves more than that.

poe tay toes

01-10-2013

i am, met in college through my roommate, dated for a couple years, live together for part of it, then she got a job several states away. long distance friendship is easy, long distance relationship hard. without a couple years together in person i doubt we'd still be together right now

Sailor Cosmos

01-11-2013

I personally know three relationships that began on the internet. Two of them are married and one's engaged. It works if you're not an a$$hole.

Lukertin's failed because he's an a$$hole.

lukertin

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDSandM View Post
I personally know three relationships that began on the internet. Two of them are married and one's engaged. It works if you're not an a$$hole.

Lukertin's failed because he's an a$$hole.
When I saw that you had posted in this thread, I knew you had done so simply to take a potshot at me. I wasn't disappointed.

btw two people who are a 4hr drive apart from each other hardly constitute a "long distance relationship". That's more like a medium distance. Also consider that we would have been seeing each other every weekend and it just goes to show how bitter and jaded you are because I refused your overt advances.

Sailor Cosmos

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
When I saw that you had posted in this thread, I knew you had done so simply to take a potshot at me. I wasn't disappointed.

btw two people who are a 4hr drive apart from each other hardly constitute a "long distance relationship". That's more like a medium distance. Also consider that we would have been seeing each other every weekend and it just goes to show how bitter and jaded you are because I refused your overt advances.
What advances? LOL