Anyone here in a Long Distance Relationship

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MOOPFLOPS

01-10-2013

Hi guys! So I'm wondering, is anyone here currently in a LDR? How did you meet? Did you meet the person IRL yet? How far apart are you?

I met a guy who lives 14,000 KMs away from me, and I really, really like him. I know he really likes me too but neither of us will say anything about it because of the distance. We play League a ton together, too. :]
Any advice/stories you can offer me? I'm so confused with my feelings right now.

lukertin

01-10-2013

You fail really really hard.

MOOPFLOPS

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
You fail really really hard.
Normally I wouldn't reply to this, but I'm bored and this may amuse me. How so?

MyMouthSoClean

01-10-2013

I met this girl on Battle.Net once.

lukertin

01-10-2013

Having a relationship, of any kind, with someone you never met is full of fail. I'm not saying this to be an ass, I'm saying it because I've been in your shoes and have eight years of experience and knowledge, and I'm building upon much more experience and knowledge from others who were similarly situated.

lukertin

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMouthSoClean View Post
I met this girl on Battle.Net once.
omg me too! I beat her in sc2 and then began teasing the player for a silly maneuver she did (didn't know it was a girl at the time) and then she told me to lick her c!it! LOL

MOOPFLOPS

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukertin View Post
Having a relationship, of any kind, with someone you never met is full of fail. I'm not saying this to be an ass, I'm saying it because I've been in your shoes and have eight years of experience and knowledge, and I'm building upon much more experience and knowledge from others who were similarly situated.
Well I am not currently with this person, and nor do I have plans to confess how I feel to this person for a very, very long while. We do have plans to meet up as friends once I move.
So honestly, your comment was rather rude and doesn't necessarily pertain to the topic at hand or contribute and sort of constructive discussion.

Maya369

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

You can try and make it work by talking regularly, not in game...Skype if you must but most importantly...PHONE. Why? because it's easy to talk in a game, it's a bit tougher to talk over skype because you express yourself by the tone of your voice, but it's the toughest to talk over the phone where you have to buy the phone card and put effort in doing so. If neither of you arent putting any effort, doesn't matter the distance, things will not work. About 99% of the time where people met over the internet have problems and issues. It's like a "puppy theory"...it's all cute and innocent until it pisses everywhere.

MyMouthSoClean

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicdevil View Post
Well I am not currently with this person, and nor do I have plans to confess how I feel to this person for a very, very long while. We do have plans to meet up as friends once I move.
So honestly, your comment was rather rude and doesn't necessarily pertain to the topic at hand or contribute and sort of constructive discussion.
The title is asking about long distance relationships.

His reply pertains to long distance relationships.

MOOPFLOPS

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya369 View Post
You can try and make it work by talking regularly, not in game...Skype if you must but most importantly...PHONE. Why? because it's easy to talk in a game, it's a bit tougher to talk over skype because you express yourself by the tone of your voice, but it's the toughest to talk over the phone where you have to buy the phone card and put effort in doing so. If neither of you arent putting any effort, doesn't matter the distance, things will not work. About 99% of the time where people met over the internet have problems and issues. It's like a "puppy theory"...it's all cute and innocent until it pisses everywhere.
We indeed talk on Skype, and we have briefly made phone calls. I sometimes will wake him up by phoning him when he needs the extra help waking up because he's a heavy sleeper. ^^