Was this ban Justified?

Yes 163 43.82%
No 156 41.94%
Maybe 53 14.25%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Was this ban Justified?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinetyNineTails

01-13-2013

Shorter wookie; "You're smart enough to avoid really bad behavior in games, but you're one of those heinously toxic people that demand roles in champ select and troll if they don't get their way."

Good riddance. Everybody hates you and everything you stand for. Go play HoN.

IS1e85f5cbcdc5184a50591

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
Asukie,

This case was actually one I reviewed earlier today. The behavior struck out to me as slight antagonistic, but it wasn't enough to punish; especially since there was only one match displayed. However, in cases like these I like to investigate a little deeper out. It's been my experience that only in rare cases do completely non-toxic players end up before me in the Tribunal.

When I dig deeper I like to look at things like your over all report history, some individual chat logs from the games you played, and some past tribunal cases you might have had.

What I found was that in times where you get frustrated you often turn into troll mode. In games that go perfectly, this is rarely a problem. You can be a teammate others want to play with. But there are many examples where when things don't go your way you seem to throw your hands up in the air and give up.

It could be because you didn't get what you wanted in champion select, or perhaps a player didn't do to well on your team. In some cases you might just have had a bad game.

Regardless, it's clear that you have a temper, and to avoid future suspensions you're going to have to find some ways to manage it in game.

I'm afraid the final nail was a few reports from other players to our Support staff. Contained within were very specific screenshots of your behavior in champion select demanding roles from other players, and your willingness to troll anyone who defied you.

Moving forward, you're going to have to work on an attitude change. Unfortunately sometimes LoL will be frustrating. We won't get what we want, and we won't be able to win every game we play. How we deal with these setbacks will determine whether or not we can really succeed in this kind of environment. You'll need to find more productive outlets for dealing with this kind of frustration.

Less harping on poorly performing players, and more importantly, if you join a game and are unhappy with the Champion selections, then it would be much better to simply quit out of the lobby yourself, rather than to try and force someone else to quit by trolling the match.
So basically you discovered a situation where a player was incorrectly punished by the Tribunal given the evidence presented in the case and then kept digging until you could rationalize the incorrect verdict.

Is this really how you people operate? Do you realize that you could literally look at ANY player in League of Legends and find a reason to punish them if you review enough of their games? This is exactly why people falsely report: because it works. Even if a player didn't do anything wrong, they might still get hit by the 80% punish rate and incompetent reviewers will always find a reason to uphold the decision. It's a win-win for trolls.

NoobMascot

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPunish View Post
So basically you discovered a situation where a player was incorrectly punished by the Tribunal given the evidence presented in the case and then kept digging until you could rationalize the incorrect verdict.

Is this really how you people operate? Do you realize that you could literally look at ANY player in League of Legends and find a reason to punish them if you review enough of their games? This is exactly why people falsely report: because it works. Even if a player didn't do anything wrong, they might still get hit by the 80% punish rate and incompetent reviewers will always find a reason to uphold the decision. It's a win-win for trolls.
Please change your summoner name we could take you more seriously

The only fix the tribunal really needs is a fast and precise system. One where you can pretty much know what you did wrong last game like the stupid popup where you get honors, do it for reports too. I remember reading some bs where Lyte said it just puts the player under pressure or something, well seeing what you did wrong AFTER you get banned is even worse FYI. like cmon man, fast precise, and u can go' i ****ed up last game' or something and reflect on it.

Have a system where we could view every reportable game ourselves, yes, 'every reportable game' against us. LIke some online game AKA the justice review. Let us view all the games we had since the last ban. It'll be fair, we cant make up bs saying RIOT is digging something as far as 2 years ago anymore and we can call this guy a jackass for being a jerk in 9 out of 10 games or something and deserved it.
When you get your next ban, all those cases you had access to are tossed away and you get a new batch of reports since your last ban.

Asukie

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoPunish View Post

Ikr...I did this post to show how inaccurate tribunal is NOT about the past... And yet Allenah still comes on my post and bothers me about it.... I asked Allenah many times in the past forum posts "stop posting and leave me alone" yet Allenah insists in posting.... Leme ask you the community something if you nicely asked someone 200times to stop posting on your stuff and Allenah still does isn't that called "harassment"?...Plus I've played with Allenah as well on skype and Allenah had moments to when Allenah completely gave up... Allenah always goes oh Asukie can we afk..... Tops losing Mids losing and bots losing and I say "DONT GIVE UP"..... Also I posted this ban Justified as in i was asking you the community if you were sitting in tribunal and looked at this case what button would you hit? not "Lets have a red come in here and claim to have info no one has and then decide" everyone hit yes after what a red said that jsut completely.. ruined what i was trying to point out was the fact that tribunal is faulty... If you look at the reports "cussing all game" when i never cussed and "1v3" when i simply made use of the system because of all the negative remarks which all of you can clearly see in the reform card

A Rabid Teemo

01-13-2013

Quote:
When I dig deeper I like to look at things like your over all report history, some individual chat logs from the games you played, and some past tribunal cases you might have had.
DUDE WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

How can you base someone's tribunal case off OF THEIR PAST REPORTS IF THE TRIBUNAL IS MEANT TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO REFORM?

Wookie, you're a complete tool if you actually believe the **** that you spew from your mouth.

A Rabid Teemo

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobMascot View Post
Please change your summoner name we could take you more seriously

The only fix the tribunal really needs is a fast and precise system. One where you can pretty much know what you did wrong last game like the stupid popup where you get honors, do it for reports too. I remember reading some bs where Lyte said it just puts the player under pressure or something, well seeing what you did wrong AFTER you get banned is even worse FYI. like cmon man, fast precise, and u can go' i ****ed up last game' or something and reflect on it.

Have a system where we could view every reportable game ourselves, yes, 'every reportable game' against us. LIke some online game AKA the justice review. Let us view all the games we had since the last ban. It'll be fair, we cant make up bs saying RIOT is digging something as far as 2 years ago anymore and we can call this guy a jackass for being a jerk in 9 out of 10 games or something and deserved it.
When you get your next ban, all those cases you had access to are tossed away and you get a new batch of reports since your last ban.
LOL. I like how you pretend to know what the tribunal "needs" when you really have absolutely no clue about any of the specific mechanics of the system other than what riot tells you. rofl

Shelzin

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rabid Teemo View Post
DUDE WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION:

How can you base someone's tribunal case off OF THEIR PAST REPORTS IF THE TRIBUNAL IS MEANT TO GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO REFORM?

Wookie, you're a complete tool if you actually believe the **** that you spew from your mouth.
It would be my guess that he used reports that the tribunal didn't see, but were still before the last ban.

You know... It randomly takes 1 to 5 reports from a whole slew of reports AFTER the last time you were warned/banned.

You are a bit rabid aren't you?

Asukie

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
It would be my guess that he used reports that the tribunal didn't see, but were still before the last ban.

You know... It randomly takes 1 to 5 reports from a whole slew of reports AFTER the last time you were warned/banned.

So since everyone has the report option you're saying if i made a premade 5 team and we randomly reported everyone every game does that mean one persons gona eventually get ban?

Asukie

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post

Plus iwas doing some research and ive found forums where anonymous people all gather around a certain time and farm tribunal.... they all agree to hit pardon/punish depending on who posted first

Coccada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-13-2013

Quote:
Asukie,

This case was actually one I reviewed earlier today. The behavior struck out to me as slight antagonistic, but it wasn't enough to punish; especially since there was only one match displayed. However, in cases like these I like to investigate a little deeper out. It's been my experience that only in rare cases do completely non-toxic players end up before me in the Tribunal.

What I found was that in times where you get frustrated you often turn into troll mode. In games that go perfectly, this is rarely a problem. You can be a teammate others want to play with. But there are many examples where when things don't go your way you seem to throw your hands up in the air and give up.

It could be because you didn't get what you wanted in champion select, or perhaps a player didn't do to well on your team. In some cases you might just have had a bad game.

Regardless, it's clear that you have a temper, and to avoid future suspensions you're going to have to find some ways to manage it in game.

I'm afraid the final nail was a few reports from other players to our Support staff. Contained within were very specific screenshots of your behavior in champion select demanding roles from other players, and your willingness to troll anyone who defied you.

Moving forward, you're going to have to work on an attitude change. Unfortunately sometimes LoL will be frustrating. We won't get what we want, and we won't be able to win every game we play. How we deal with these setbacks will determine whether or not we can really succeed in this kind of environment. You'll need to find more productive outlets for dealing with this kind of frustration.

Less harping on poorly performing players, and more importantly, if you join a game and are unhappy with the Champion selections, then it would be much better to simply quit out of the lobby yourself, rather than to try and force someone else to quit by trolling the match.
I think you forgot the main question here. How the "punish" vote can be good at this case at tribunal? You didn't base your comments on the tribunal case, but you digged some info the normal players can't.

We don't want to know if the OP deserved to be banned, but if the tribunal banned him properly with the info the players voting had. And this just shows how the tribunal is flawed and you try to deny that.

Like some other player said, probably the majority of players had some bad behavior in some games... If you gonna dig into everyone's games to see who deserve to be banned, you gonna have an empty server.