How do you prevent AP Yi from getting fed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pudding Sundae

01-10-2013

Seems in nearly every game I play with an AP Yi in it, they either do horribly or carry the game. I'm not even really sure how someone can do horribly with that build... I mean is there ANY champ in the game who can stop him from farming? How do you stop someone who gets a guaranteed 6/7 cs per wave when they're in lane from getting fed? And how do you stop him from later spamming Alpha Strike refresh in team fights when it takes almost half your adc's hp?

Just trying to find solid tactics to use against this build since it seems more popular now than it has ever been in my whole time playing this game. .-.

Shesocold

01-10-2013

Shut him down early on. His alpha strikes don't clear whole creep ways initially so when he uses it run up to him and zone him. And around level 6 you can start harassing him. But wait he can heal! Not if he's stunned he can't and most can stun or disrupt his meditate then he has to remain defensive until his meditate comes back. And ignite helps clutch the kills when he starts meditating you ignite then disrupt the meditate and throw damage at him making him scared and use his ult so he runs away and dies to ignite.

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

cc

iDpark

01-10-2013

CC and call for jungler ganks.

He's gonna push the lane, all you have to do is last hit and you pretty much can deny him farm.
This is assuming that you can last hit really well.

Minos157

01-10-2013

I have great success shutting them down with eve.

They alpha on to me in lane? They get e and q on the way out. Later in the game with her ulti and lichbanes she can get him down before he can even meditate.

Usually I go boots pots straight to abyssal for ap yi mid. Then hat and lich after

doomed2death

01-10-2013

CC to stop his meditate. It's vital or you'll never drop him and that's a problem, frankly, with your team composition.

Jungler ganks help; AP Yi is mediocre at best early game. It's only middle game with some snowballing (either cs or kills) that he really starts to shine. So if you have a powerful early jungler (say Mundo), land some early ganks on him.

Also, to shut him down some, Bulwark kicks some butt this update. And Yi is really susceptible to burst damage since his meditate can't really stop that (oh the fun times I've had as Veigar with AP Yi's...) And remember, if he loses his initial kill, he's shut down for 9-6 seconds with his mediocre autoattack and his major squishiness.

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Just a quick suggestion and explanation. I main bottom. And biggest rule is burst beats sustain. Poke beats burst. And sustain beats poke. So since yi has good sustain. Burst damage. Also cc like everyone else said. But a leblanc and veigar should pretty well. Although leblanc can't counter push. Just food for thought