Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Disconnect =/= Quitting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kvastier

01-10-2013

Hello Summoners.

Today i was playing as Taric when the power turned off in all my neighbourhood. Thing is, when you disconnect, your mates don't know if you quitted, or if you timed out, so it would be good if Riot could make a system that warns players when a teammate leave by pressing the "End Game" button.

Then you could know if your teammate left the game by his/her own desicion, or if he timed out or had a power failure. You could know when to report someone for intentionally leaving the game.

Troa

01-10-2013

It'd be easy enough to circumvent by pulling your ethernet cord(or turning your wireless off), so I don't see it as fixing a whole lot, as it'd actually see a lot of abuse.

ACGIFT

01-11-2013

Well, I could see perhaps an indicator to let others know if they actually manually quit... Though I'm not 100% sure what help this would be to their team.

As far as penalties, though, there should be no difference. As Troa said, it's all too easy to mimic the same situation; just physically yank out your Internet cable. (or more severely, mimic the actual power outage by yanking the power cord)

Slendie96

01-11-2013

true, but for those cases when your internet legitimately craps out, it would be nice to not get banned for things you can't control...

Troa

01-12-2013

It's also nice to not get an increase in trolling. And frankly, the increase in trolling that would result would vastly outweigh the benefit for those few times you lose power.

DrMarvinRubdown

01-13-2013

having your internet "**** out" is no excuse to not get banned, you have still ruined up to nine other peoples game. id like to refer to the summoners code.