The art of morale manipulation in solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desperate Izzy

01-18-2013

too long to read, or just too tired but i bet i know what it's about, i've read a ton about keeping a positive attitude and have seen it work for me, but recently i've been dropped to <1200 elo and have trouble coming back up...fml -_- its hard to practice this especially when your teammates are the ones raging...

"hey guys let's keep cool and let's make something out of it ok?"

"stfu"

me: -________-

ZingerOTPeople

04-08-2013

It is inevitable that in low ELO play, teammates will get mad. They are used to constant failure (because they are losers). That is enough to get anyone in a bad mood. The key is, in low ELO, since you realize that being in a bad mood applies to both sides, to make sure you strike first. You have to make the enemy team more upset than your team, to lower their performance. If you sense your own team is starting to fight among themselves, start taunting the enemy with your best taunts. "u suck at this game" is usually a good start.

r1c0

04-08-2013

how do u roll a bong?

INV0KE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

disable all chat
gg

Mich567

04-08-2013

Everything in here is correct, but it seems to be for manipulation just to win matches. You should do it for good, just to improve the community and help out.

Blacker Ops

04-08-2013

You shouldn't be encouraging people to trash talk the other team, it's a short sighted plan. You may win a couple games but even with the less aggressive tone, you'll be sent to the tribunal and they will ban you.

Waymer1911

04-08-2013

All of this is very true, but I have a big problem with the Negative strategy.
What you're doing with this in game is making the game less enjoyable for the other players, enemy or not, in order to give yourself better chances of winning. That is NOT okay. It's called having a negative attitude and can end up being harassment. This is obviously against the rules, yes it is a clever strategy, but simply being an intelligent tactic does not make it OK to use in the game, and should not be ignored by the Tribunal. If a summoner is reported, and the Tribunal sees that said summoner was being supportive to his team mates but downright mean to his opponents, then he should be punished. Said player's kindness to his own team does not justify making the game a bad experience for the opposing team.