The art of morale manipulation in solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZingerOTPeople

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by havate View Post
If your opponent has a mentally tough player he will probably help his weak player feel good by positive reinforcement. And probably gank you to the extent that you will switch your target to him. This is when the game starts changing. He will kill you more often and make you primary target.when your KDA ratio drops
"all you can do is talk and no skill at all".
This is a good point. However, having your morale lowered when you are playing badly is not exclusive to using the morale approach. Many players will call you a bad player regardless. I mostly play tanky junglers (that do tons of damage) so it actually benefits me if the enemy is so angered that they switch to targetting me when I use the Morale Negative Approach. This might be something to take into consideration.

UbberTengen

01-12-2013

1- Choose Xin Zhao.

2- Listen this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNHCjkkCIsE

3- Use this

Xin Zhao has slain Urgot! Noxian morale has fallen! Xin Zhao has slain Morgana! Noxian morale has further fallen! Demacian morale has risen by >9000 Points! Xin Zhao has slain Talon! Demacian morale has further risen up many notches! Noxian morale has further fallen! Xin Zhao has slain Swain! Demacian morale is now OP! Noxian enlisted soldiers are cowering out! Xin Zhao has slain Katarina! Xin Zhao has scored a penta kill! Demacian morale is beyond OP! Noxian morale is now less than zero!

Nakawaka

01-12-2013

I wonder, oh I wonder, why it's so hard to believe that in the end...it is all...just a...

Nevermind. Rated OP positive.

piepiepiepiepi47

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Bump because I saw the word troll.

DieHero

01-14-2013

actually, sometimes i feel even worse when my lane opponent doesnt say anything at all.

LoudFootSteps

01-14-2013

I don't believe that you gave a good enough explanation of Morale Negative Approach. Could you please give me an example so that I may better understand this?

ZingerOTPeople

01-17-2013

If morale positive is raising the morale of your teammates so that they feel confident and ready to win, the morale negative is the exact opposite, ruining the morale of your opponents. The idea is to make them go on tilt, (a poker term,) meaning to make bad decisions because of their emotional status.

Mothalius

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ygamer View Post
I think you have truly stumbled onto something incredibly powerful. It's worth noting that the idea of a "skin advantage" where the team with more skins has a greater chance of winning. I myself have noted this frequently in games. It's almost impossible to come back from a 2 skin deficit.
Truth. Or when their whole team has ribbons, and yours has none. You're obviously screwed.

RockJockey

01-17-2013

This thread is very in-depth (as threads go). And I congratulate you on having written this out thoroughly.

I think it is essential to keep morale up on one's team, especially in games that need a bit more cooperation.

I remember a game I was playing where we were losing 10 to 30 or so. We all thought the game was going to inevitably end poorly. That is until our Jarvan IV told us to follow him to victory. We followed behind his manly stride as J4 initiated against the enemy team, and together we killed the enemy team, took Baron and proceeded to destroy their Nexus.

Ever since then I try to keep a positive attitude and spam Laugh when I play Singed.

However ZingerOTPeople, I don't agree with your strategy of being rude to the enemy team. Demoralizing the enemies so that they start bickering is a great tactic, I have used it. Spamming laugh or taunt is fine, but being rude is uncivil.

ZingerOTPeople

01-17-2013

It's not simply being rude; being malmannered is situational, and will only benefit you if you read that your opponent will be most demoralized by it. As some have noted, being overly polite when you are ahead in lane can be just as infuriating.

This is not mindlessly being rude; it is strategic rudeness.