@WookieeCookie, could you please tell me what made me get banned? I want to improve

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saint Latona

01-10-2013

And here's WookieeCookie!

Harate

01-10-2013

I like this solid Cookie advice. A nice change of pace from the usual smackdown.

Quote:
"2) More importantly, if you really want to avoid further suspensions, stop chatting."
This is interesting o.o And will be quoted for years to come.

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Thanks in behalf of everybody, dude.

Vagenis

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harate View Post
I like this solid Cookie advice. A nice change of pace from the usual smackdown.

then you will be reported for not communicating wit the team lol

Getsuei

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harate View Post

That is a direct response to that individual, who only seemed to type negative things. It may or may not work for everyone =p

Edit: And tasili, read the entire post by wookie, he said stop chatting, not stop communicating. There is a difference.

Harate

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasili View Post
If you'd read the red post you'd know that there's a difference between not communicating negatively, and not communicating whatsoever.

Imalia

01-10-2013

The old saying 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all' applies here as it does in most real life situations with complete strangers unless you're some kind of antisocial. For anybody trying to take Wookie's advice out of context, stop. It's as simple as that. Don't be rude. Don't be negative. If you can't help but be both if you open your mouth or put your fingers to the keyboard, then don't open your mouth or touch that chat window. That's the only way you'll stay out of the Tribunal and not be judged as somebody who can't show a semblance of self control and emotional restraint by a jury of your gaming peers.

ChaosBloodterfly

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasili View Post
Quote:
It's a common misconception that players will get banned for "no communication". However, this is not true. If you join a game, and use minimal forms of communication like MIAs, Jungle Timers, and Pings, you will not get dinged for "no communication". Teammates just want to see that you can respond and you're not a bot. Show a basic level of team work and an ability to cooperate and they will not be bothered.
Why do people find this so hard to do?

Doct0r Phil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

I really hope this guy changes his behavior. I need someone who has been banned to change! It's disheartening to see all these people never change their behaviors.

BillyTheAttorney

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post

Some other trends I've seen is being extremely uncooperative in Champion Select. To the point where if your team already has the role you wanted to play, you're more than happy to threaten them of your feeding potential if they don't give in to your demands.
Right there is the type of person I want nothing to do with. "I threaten 4 other people unless I get what I want"

Try "I'm better at X than Y" That might actually work better and result in fewer reports.