Darius item question...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nefariis

01-10-2013

Ive been playing Darius quite a bit lately and I have been tinkering with a few different builds, and oddly I find that this build has been working for me pretty well:

boots
BC
BC
Mercury Treads
WM
WM
Tiamet > Ravenous Hydra

Rarely do my matches get to the 2nd warmog's stage, but Ive been keeping track of all my matches in an excel spreadsheet and with this set up (or with a small variation including an LW) in my last 30 matches, Im winning nearly 80% of them with a 2.5 K/D Ratio.

Is there anything wrong with this build?

At level 18 I have roughly 110 AR, 110 MR, 5k health, almost 300 AD, and 28 Health Regen per second.

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

if bc is an acronym for black cleaver then im pretty sure they dont stack anymore, at least not the %arpen, should be a unique passive. also instead of double warmogs i would suggest a frozen mallet-darius has a problem with being able to be kited around, his pull being his only move that can negate that. but his pull itself has a long cd, the frozen mallet helps you stick to opponents better. also have personally tried the hydra so i cant say much on that. otherwise looks like a pretty good build

Nefariis

01-10-2013

The double BC's do not stack you're right, the reason I like to do it though is that its nice to get to the 4 stacks on the BC in 2 hits instead of 4

Darius' W slows the target for 2 seconds, much like frozen mallet

AA > W (Slowed and 4 stacks of BC applied > AA > Q > E > AA > R

Frozen Mallet is 700 more gold for 300 less health and 30 more damage. For 175 more gold than FM i could get a Pick Axe and keep the health/health regen

Failethe

01-10-2013

My build on darius is 95% of the time boots and brutalizer into warmogs. After that is kinda up to what you wana do. Hydra, BT, that magic shield weapon, Randiuns is great if against heavy AD. Frozen heart has its uses w/ cdr/armor/slow. I generally only build 2 dmg items on darius and the rest is tank. So BC and something else. I never get LW cause he has true dmg its a waste. BC is good because it benefits your whole team. Bulwark works as well if no one is building. Just up to what you want to do - most things work tbh.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2013

Don't ever stack items that don't have "Doran's" in the name, unless they build into something else(like long swords into brutalizer, or amp tomes into revolver).

You will get a much better return by purchasing additional items. For example, in that build, you have practically no resistances - you have alot of health, but people are going to be doing nearly true damage to you.

You might consider atma's impaler with a single warmog's, or a frozen mallet, and a hexdrinker->maw.

Nefariis

01-10-2013

Hmm let me think about this....

Mercury Treads
BCx2
WMx2

4708 HP with 107 AR is 5038 EH

Mercury Treads
BCx2
WM
RB

is 4108 HP with 138 AR is 5669 EH

I suppose its 600 more gold for 600 EH isn't too bad of a trade

And actually Ive never looked into Atma's before. My calculator does say that I would get a higher DPS with BC/Atma then with double BC. but my calculator also doesn't factor in Arpen and Ar Reduction and CDR

I will have to play around with it when I get home, and I guess the 700 difference between double BC and atma's would make up for the RB instead of warmogs.

Anything else?

Hasuobs

01-10-2013

The BIGGEST problem with your build is that you have pitiful amounts of defenses. Yes, you have lots of health, but a good ADC will just get BotRK and completely RAPE you. Secondly, how much life steal do you think you honestly need? I feel you went a bit overkill. My usual build is

Flash/Ignite
21-9-0
Boots + 3 Pots>Brutalizer> Vamp. Scepter> Merc. Treads> Hexdrinker> Cleaver> Frozen Mallet> Warden's Mail> Maw> BT> Randuins.

Darius can get so much more tanky than your build, and still dish out tons of damage.

Failethe

01-10-2013

Guardian angel is good to round out a build, but is almost always a last item and only in cases where you are dying a decent amount. Hydra isn't bad - you apply physical dmg in an aoe, which means your passive procs as well. If you are super fed and want pure dmg go BT. You scale quite well with BT seeing as your aoe is 1.05, your ult is 1.5 with max stacks, and your w doubles whatever damage you would normally do - so 2.0 scaling. Blade of the ruined king is a solid pickup too. One of darius biggest issues is getting close to the target so this does it for him. The life steal is ok too. It lets you stay alive that much longer, though the slow/speed buff is what really makes this item shine for darius. Hope that gave u some good info .

Greenlee19

01-10-2013

My build on darius is usually merc treds, frozen heart, frozen mallet, hydra, maw, and last item depends on if I'm raping or being raped